FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Firmware Update

Gregorsky
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I have signed for a new contract and was sent new router with a basic outdated firmware.

Where can I download a file to update it please?

I have attached a screenshot for details.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Gregorsky

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi guys, it has actually updated overnight to SG4K10002816t, thanks all for your help.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 10

You'll need to complete your community forum profile details, @Gregorsky, for staff to identify your account, if the firmware hasn't updated automatically by the time they pick this up.

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 10

Noted and lesson learnt. Glad I'm still in cooling-off period. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Good enough or not @Skynet_TX 's answer is not spam, but an accurate response describing what will happen.  IE the router software will update automatically within a few days, if it doesn't then you can request a member of TalkTalk's staff to update it.  Bear in mind that this is a domestic service not intended for business use and as such has lower response times.   If you want/need control over your router and when it's firmware is updated then I recommend that you get your own 3rd party router.

Message 6 of 10

This company is rubbish, so unprofessional, never had this problem with Virgin or Sky.. How can you send router outdated to 2013 with no option to act leaving people at risk with hackers just waiting with exploits to scan ports for access.. Rubbish!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

You can't update it yourself, there is no download available for customers to update firmware themselves.

Routers will generally auto update overnight within the first few nights of being connected. If they don't auto update then staff can do it manually for you, but the staff here won't be back now until Monday.

Message 8 of 10

'Probably' is not good enough for me. I want to get a straight forward answer to get it done now. I have a job to do with a need of remote access 24h to my router and I can't afford for all my settings to be reset to factory when you decide to do it like last year. I have a right to get it done when I want it to without affecting my work. This is so unprofessional! Can someone tell me how to do it please instead of this spam?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Gregorsky,

If this is a new router that you have only recently connected then you will probably find that it will automatically update overnight within the first few nights of it being connected. The current version of firmware is SG4K10002816t.

You can't update the firmware manually yourself.

If for some reason your router does not auto update then the staff here on the community will be able to push out an update manually when they are back on Monday.