FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Intrusions

wuzappy
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

wuzappy_0-1600784861032.png

I have a Huawei HG633 router and looking at the system logs for the first time I've come across many Security Warnings of Intrusions and Port scans, is there anything I can do to prevent this or is it that the Router is not up to the job nof preventing these intrusions/attacks?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi FritzCT,

Thanks for the information, it seems that I have nothing to worry about as to the router doing it's job properly, also took your advice and unplugged router for half an hour and Wan IP has changed now, it looks like my lack of knowledge is the problem, so once again your help is much appreciated!

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Message 2 of 3

It's your ports being scanned and its showing you that the router has detected and stopped them. Unless you feel you have an issue with intrusion then it's perfectly normal and there's little you can (or especially need) to do to prevent it beyond a VPN.

Incidently turn your router off for 30 mins because the DST in the message is your WAN IP and this is a public forum. Turning off for 30 mins should give you a new WAN IP.

If you feel so inclined do a WHOIS search on the SRC IP address because that's where it's come from but it's unlikely to give you any specific info.

Fritz

0 Likes