FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router blocking VPN

JonInk
First Timer
Message 21 of 21

Upgraded to Fibre 150

Provided with a new router Sagemcom Fast 5464 at installation. And since installation have not been able to connect to work VPN. (Was working fine for the previous two years with talktalk fasterfibre before then)

Tried the  talktalk tech team who  have been no help; they sent out another router - exact same model and firmware (version SG4K100124) which has failed to resolve issue, unsurprisingly. 

VPN has been check by my IT dept. and confirmed as OK. It works on other networks and hotspot.

Asked for updated firmware to be pushed through but tech team haven't (or won't).

Do or do not; there is no try
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi Jon

Thank you 🙂

I've sent the PM.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

That's fine re survey.

And thanks again

Message 3 of 21

Hi Jon

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working. I will pass on this feedback to our Faults Team.

Would it be ok if I send you a survey by Private Message. This would be feedback for our team (Community) 

Thanks

Message 4 of 21

Hi Debbie,

Wow, yes I can now connect to my VPN!! Thank you so much.

Can I suggest that you contact the Tech Support Voice-call Team and Chat-Bot Team to let them know how you have fixed it, as they have been unable to resolve this issue for two weeks now (even though I have been telling them it was a firmware issue).

Also, it would be useful to publish on the FAQ what steps you have taken as I know I am not the only customer who has had this headache with the Sagemcom routers and Windows VPN.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Jon

Please can you retest and let us know if you can now connect to your VPN client?

Thanks

Message 6 of 21

Hi Jon

Thank you. I shouldn't be too long and I will post back on this thread.

Debbie

0 Likes

JonInk
First Timer
Message 7 of 21

Yes that would be fine, thanks

JonInk
First Timer
Message 8 of 21

Hi Debbie,

I have the Sagemcom Fast 5465, running version SG4K100124; When I first raised the problem I was told by the Tech Team that they tried to upgrade the firmware - it was "initiated but did not complete". They then sent a second Sagemcom Fast 5464 but no idea if they tried to upgrade that router (still running version SG4K100124, so guessing not). 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi Jon

Will it be ok If I get the Products Team to look at the firmware now?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi Debbie,

I have the Sagemcom Fast 5465, running version SG4K100124; When I first raised the problem I was told by the Tech Team that they tried to upgrade the firmware - it was "initiated but did not complete". They then sent a second Sagemcom Fast 5464 but no idea if they tried to upgrade that router (still running version SG4K100124, so guessing not). 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi JonInk

Can I just check, do you currently have the Sagemcom hub? Have we tried a firmware update for you?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Debbie,

Very unlikely I will receive it today as it is still sitting in the TalkTalk warehouse - may have been ordered but it hasn't been dispatched to Yodel for delivery yet (Even though ordered on 01/06/2022, and this is third working day in that period).

I have been on the phone trying to resolve this but Call Agents keep lying about what has been done (one this morning told me to expect delivery today and gave me a tracking number;  which when I checked with Yodel confirmed not received and when I called TalkTalk back and spoke to a manager they confirmed it was still with TalkTalk and not sent yet!!)

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi JonInk

I'm really sorry about this. I have checked and I can see that the router has been ordered.

Please let us know if you receive this today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi Debbie,

I was told that another was ordered on the 2nd June to be sent out.

I called and raised a further complaint, as when I called to find out why the Case Manager hadn't called and to enquire about my re-delivery I was placed on hold, and then the call agent went home leaving me on hold... The original Case Manager also rescheduled to call me on the 2nd June 14:00-16:00 yet did not make that call again, so I had to chase, leading to a new complaint. I spoke to a manager at TalkTalk and they assured me a Huawei Black was being resent to me. The original Case Manager then called later that evening (outside of our call back time) and I had to explain what had/had not happened and he re-arranged a call for today (06/06 @12:00-14:00) to update me - surprise, surprise he didn't call!! I do have an additional call booked with the second complaints manager between 16:00-18:00 this afternoon about the complaints I raised on 2nd June, just guess I 'll be adding to the list.

I haven't received the new Huawei router yet, but given we just had a ridiculously long bank holiday weekend with one recognised working day since the order was placed on 2nd I was not expecting it until tomorrow (7th)

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi JonInk

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to order the router again or would you prefer to discuss this with the Complaints Manager first?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Unfortunately the router did not arrive - Yodel marked the delivery as incomplete and said I had to contact TalkTalk again about delivery. (I had been in all day waiting and listening for the delivery, to make sure it wasn't missed - no attempted delivery, just marked as incomplete!!) Also TalkTalk Case Manager handling my complaint failed to make promised call today 01/06/2022 between 16:00-18:00.

Losing patience with TalkTalk right now. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi

The Huawei Hub will resolve the issue, but any problems after this arrives, please let us know here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

JonInk
First Timer
Message 18 of 21

Update: Had a call from a TalkTalk Case Manager this morning; they are sending me out a new router, the Huawei Black, which they hope will resolve the issue. Also receiving compensation for service failures. Another issue is internet intermittently drops out for 2-3min every few hours (sometimes in batches, sometimes just once and then fine for a few hours). Hopefully new router will resolve that issue too. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Thanks Keith, I have been trying to get TalkTalk to upgrade the Firmware and I have even contacted Sagemcom direct asking for the update, but so far no luck with either. Hope your intervention helps

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

This is a firmware issue, I'll ask TalkTalk to sort it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?