FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connection drops every night!

Couchgeezer007
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Hi,

My internet connection keeps dropping out every night after midnight between the hours if 0001 & 0300, the white light on my speed 5364 turns orange and flashes for upto an hour at worse case. This has also happened during the daytime but only now and again.

This has been happening since I have been with talktalk only, never had an issue with BT or sky.

I have seen what other people have posted about identical issues, followed all the same advice they were given,; turning if for 30mins etc, Changing the DNS, changes security settings on my account. Nothing works.!!. It's extremely annoying 😠

The phone line(voice) is perfectly fine when the problem starts, So the line is not an issue!

I want to know :-

1.Why this is happening?

2. Is this talktalk resetting my connection remotely if so stop it.

3. How to fix the issue permanently.

4. If it is hardware (router) related, when can it be replaced?

I feel a proper answer is required as this is currently not the service I signed up for, and going by several posts on this forum a lot of people want a resolution to this issue.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi Couchgeezer007,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have Test Socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

@Michelle-TalkTalk The router has just dropped out again...!!!@ approximately 01:40.. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

I have updated all relevant information as requested

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 26

Hi Couchgeezer007,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Divsec
Community Star
Message 25 of 26

Hi @Couchgeezer007 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.