FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router dropping connection, slow speed and connection issues

Chris4k1
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Morning

I have been having issues with my Fibre65 connection.

Since being connected I have noticed the router dropping connection, this has happened 3 times in the last 12 hours. 

My guaranteed speed is 50mb+ and I am consistently getting only 30-39mb, something your service checker has flagged as poor.

I am also experiencing delays in reaching web services such as app data refresh and websites where the connection times out even though it states I am connected.

Line connection checks come back fine and there is no additional noise on the line. I have also powered down the router several times.

As a last note, when I check the logs in the router they are full of authentication errors and what appears to be router dropouts. (I am no expert in this tho)

Can these issues please be looked into as this is a poor quality connection.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Chris4k1

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie, yes please that would be of great help.

Message 3 of 10

Hi Chris4k1

Would you like me to send you a different router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Chris4k1
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I have changed the channels of both the 2.4 and 5ghz networks. The 5ghz channel performs as expected, however as it appears the 2.4ghz channels are quite congested I can still only reach 32-34mb speed on this network. Any ideas how to improve this? Surely I should expect the same network speed on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

What is causing the router to reset the connection? This is not normal behaviour, I have not had this issue on any of my fibre connections to date. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

Hi Chris4k1,

Sync speed is showing 75.2Mbps. The logs show one reconnection today, two yesterday, one on the 26th and one on the 25th. No other reconnections showing until the 17th. Also shows that all local wifi channels are congested

Do you have any devices connected to you router by Ethernet cable?

Chris

0 Likes

Chris4k1
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 10

Screenshot_20220128-122626_Brave.jpg

Hi Michelle,

I have done shut the router down for 30 minutes and the above is the result. What speed are you showing when you run the test? Also, do you agree that the router is dropping the wifi/connection? I can physically see my wifi drop out on my phone and the router lights start flashing indicating it is reconnecting. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. Have you tried a few different wireless channels to see how this compares? I'd also recommend switching off the router for a full 30 minutes and then retesting the speed again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris4k1
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the reply.

I am connected wirelessly when the issues happen, just like this morning and my phone disconnected from the wifi due to the router reconnecting or something like that.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent. Are you currently connected wired or wireless when you experience the instability and slow speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes