FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router dropping devices off

Scotslider
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

I requested, and received, a new router, as my old one frequently dropped connection to my security cameras. Since installing it, the situation is worse not better. Not only are device drops more frequent, requiring router resets, if our phones and tablets have picked up one of our extenders, as we move through the house, they usually will give an "internet may be unavailable" when they pick up the router again ( even though they can still get internet if switched to an extender, then back to the router). I'm beginning to think there may be a DCHP issue with the router. Any advice?

"You should do what people aren't doing and then at least you might have a place to occupy."
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is it the wireless which is dropping or wired devices too? Do any of the lights change on the router when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes

Scotslider
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 10

We're still having Drop-off issues. Things seemed stable for about 2 weeks, then the problem started to reappear. Any suggestions?

"You should do what people aren't doing and then at least you might have a place to occupy."
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Glad this has helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Scotslider
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 10

Turning off optimisation seems to have helped. Things seem much more stable now.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I've turned off wifi optimisation for your router, see if this improvers the connectivity / performance for the devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Scotslider
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

This is an ongoing, and very frustrating, problem. There are 2 types of issue,

1.  Our 2 security cameras ( 2.4GHz) frequently get disconnected. There is no obvious pattern, it just seems random. Sometimes they will reconnect, other times a router restart is required. Both cameras, being at some distance from the router, are served by extenders. I have changed the broadcast channel from 1 to 6, but this has made no significant difference.

2. Our phones/tablets frequently get the "Internet may not be available" message. We have to disconnect from the router SSID and go onto either of the repeaters, then go back to the router to regain internet access. It's as if the router loses track of the IP addresses it has allocated.

Help needed!!!!!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Thanks for your PM. Are you able to reply to this topic please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Scotslider

I can see that you are using a Sagemcom WIFI hub with latest FW version 136.

Is this only affecting the wireless connection or are wired devices also affected?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Scotslider,

What model of router are you now using ?

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community may be able to offer more help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.