FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router firmware & speeds

Jones86
Team Player
Message 30 of 30

Hello,

I was sent a Huawei router, which i got yesterday. The router isn't usable as it will just keep restarting every 15 mins. I cannot find any download links for the newer firmware and at present I'm still using the other branded router as I use VOWIFI at home, can someone from talk talk provide the firmware to allow me to use?

Also when signing up with a fresh contract, I had enquired into the 150 fibre but was told by the person on the phone that the speed caps would be removed as my line can offer 105ish max, yet the speed keeps dropping down to 63 (I assume due to the Huawei router restarting repeatedly). Can someone from

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

A returns bag for both routers and neither to be replaced. I'll be terminating the service anyway thanks to your abysmal service and customer service agents that just leave people on hold for excess of 20mins to get a manager.

Since I can't get hold of the cancellations, I'll simply let the line expire when my payment is declined at the end of the month.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Hi Jones86

Would you like me to send a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router? (I'm not sure if that's what you meant in your last post)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, it seems fine now.

Can I have this swapped and a returns bag for the Huawei router, I did test that without plugging it into the telephone line and you could clearly hear a buzzing sound coming off the plug (did test the socket to make sure) makes me wonder if the plug was causing those reboots..

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 30

Hi Jones86,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-checked the connection stats now and the sync speed looks consistent at the moment. Can I just confirm, how has the speed been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

On both TalkTalk routers it appears the speed will start to dip but on the Sky router the speed will stick. The Sagemcom router only seems able to keep logs for a month and then wont issue any more (even after a factory reset). The Huawei one I've still got, I'm not going to use because of the issues it caused last time and I believe the engineer only reset the DLM.

But the Sagemcom connected at 79mb but then that dipped down to 62mbskyrouter.jpg

The Sky router has stayed at 75mb

Not sure why these talktalk routers are so problematic.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Hi Jones86

Sorry for the delay.

How has the speed been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Sorry about the delay in replying, I did ring your customer services yesterday and they said they'd send an engineer out (but wouldn't need to be at home). I then get a text and email that an engineer needs to come to my home.

I checked the router and it's now shot back up to 69mb, so I assume someone has been out already because this is the first time in weeks the speed has gone up, earlier today it was down to 39mb.

These are the current line stats

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

Is it possible the line will start resyncing higher and I've not been told what an engineer needs to visit for either.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Hi Jones86,

The line test is showing a potential HR joint detected, this is generally raised as a non-appointed task (engineer investigation external to the property), which we have done. but BT Openreach have advised that to investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Hello,

I can't give an answer as I've had no telephone plugged in for years and I have no landline phone to even test with.

Also something I find odd is this

stats.jpgskylinestats.jpg

Both were tested on the MK4 socket and yet the Sky router has better stats than the TalkTalk router. If there is a fault is most likely at the cabinet or the black box outside the property as that has been repaired countless times.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 30

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test now which has detected a possible fault and the connection also looks unstable. Just to confirm, is the voice service currently ok with no noise on the line? If the voice service is ok then please let us know and we can raise this over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Hi Jones86,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi Jones86

Openreach are now advising that access to the property is required to continue their investigations.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi Jones86

This fault is still assigned to the line engineer, no further updates have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi Jones86

This fault is still with Openreach, no further updates have been provided at the moment.

I will check on this fault again later this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Hi,

I spoken to TalkTalk today via phone, seems like there was a fault and it was fixed but then got raised again but I was under the impression it had been fixed as per the email I got yesterday.

Is there any details on what this fault is because I had this trouble when I was BT and Sky, they'd fix it and then it would straight away go faulty again.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi Jones86

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

What does connecting via wired or wireless have to do with it? The router is losing the connection to the internet and I've posted twice how it's loss of signal and twice both employees just ignore it. Oh my fibre has dropped to 60 now...

tt.jpg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 30

Hi Jones86,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, when the connection is dropping are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Well I was going to ask about what I had spoken to your customer loyalty team about, as they said they'd remove all limits for the speed on my line.

However last week the disconnections started again, I used the online diagnosis which said there's a fault and an engineer has apparently fixed it today. Yet it's STILL disconnecting again.

Can anyone look into what's going on with this line?

Logs just simply state LastRetrainReason:LosDetector

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 30

Hi Jones86,

I can't see another topic. Would it be possible to confirm what the other issue please?

Thanks

0 Likes