FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router flashing on Orange light - Internet on and off for hours each time

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 41 of 41

1. How do i collect the logs from the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K10002816t?

>>Typically on when it is disconnect from internet and when it is connected.

>>I am looking at the operation logs and it has so many junk in it, i am not able to filter by the connection messages. Can i ssh inside the router just to get the logs? I only want to know the connection and disconnect time.

2. Internet was fine until this Monday when i come home that the router is blinking in single orange light, after ensuring the cables are all well connected and restarting the routers, putting it off for 30 minutes and switch back on, still no luck. 

3. Contacted Talk Talk and arranged for an engineer to comes for fixing on Tuesday, on the phone, the Talk Talk agent told me that i didn't need to be at home and as i need internet to work, it left me no choices to travel to office to work while just a few hours after that, the Openreach engineer called and stated that they need to test the connection from my home and i have to rushed back home half way working in office. If the Talk Talk agent told me that i need to be an home, i would have just wait for the OpenReach Engineer to come

4. The Openreach engineer was found out that someone messed up with the cables at the cabinet which in flat area, all the connections will goes to that cabinet before connecting to our home. After he fixed the connection it was all good and the engineer left.

5. It was all good until Thursday 12.a.m midnight before i went into bed.

6. The internet was down in the morning 7.a.m when i wake up and again have to rush to office as there is no connection at home

7. At Thursday night when i come home around 6:30.p.m, the internet was fine, I check on the routers the connection was back on around 11.a.m in the morning. 

8. The internet was down again around 9.p.m and Talk Talk hellps was off that time.

9. Friday morning wake up at 7.a.m, internet still down, router blinking in orange light. Have to wait until 9.a.m when Talk Talk help is available, call over, run the diagnosis, the Talk Talk agent get into the conclusion that the line is fine, it is the Router problems and will send a new router to me that will arrive on next Monday.

10. Friday night when I come home, found out that the internet is back on and down again in the morning and come back on just now.

Next week I will need to work from home, how to ensure that the internet will be fine on next week? Is there any diagnosis that can be run on the Router to ensure it is Router issue not line issue?

Thanks & Regards

Thomas 

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 1 of 41

That's great news, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 2 of 41

Thanks Chris. It stayed on for the whole night until morning for the first time since 3 weeks ago. Thank you so much. I did a speed test this morning it is 54mbps download speed which is great. The engineer said it will takes 7 days to settle,.maybe that is why.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 41

Hi thomasthong,

If throughput speeds are still low could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 4 of 41

The router is still white after 9.p.m and the broadband is staying connected which is great.

The only issue now is the speed has dropped to 5Mbps for download and upload.

After few test, it can go up to 7mbps, the guarantee download speed is 47Mbps. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 41

Hi thomasthong,

Glad to hear that the engineer has hopefully fixed the issue, just let us know if you continue to experience problems

Chris

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 6 of 41

Thanks Chris, openreach engineer called over this morning around 9:30.a.m and managed to arrived before the internet went back up. He has identified the issue and change over my line to another fiber port, which do not have as good speed as the one I currently has, but what good it does for a good speed if it is going down half a day everyday. Hopefully that will be the end of the story. We will know tonight. I do apologize for all the desperate words I used during the process and thanks again for all the helps. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 41

Hi thomasthong,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, we'll let you know when we receive an update

Chris

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 8 of 41

After struggle through all the technical issue and errors on talk talk website, finally managed to start the chat on 20:13, i just want to tell the support to cancel the useless appointment to stop wasting the engineer time but no agent available. Waited for 47 minutes until 21:00 that the chat center support hours is officially closed.

I have officially gave up all my hopes for talk talk. I have bought a new three SIM card and subscribe with the unlimited one month mobile data plan so that I can work. Now you have one month to solve the issue. 

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 9 of 41

I just received an appointment booking for tomorrow on the large timeslot again. Please cancel it. As I told, until you can make sure the engineer is able to come on the problematic timeslot, don't schedule any appointments to waste everyone times. They are not going to diagnose anything if they come during the up hours. I tried to call in to support, they are close, and I am not able to login to the chat to ask them to cancel the appointment either. I have already wasted 3 days leave for the engineer to comes on the none issue hours. Please cancel the appointment and only make one if you can ensure them able to come on 9.a.m in the morning.

Still not able to login to my talktalk account, but the chat box prompted out. Attached with the technical issue screenshot for the login page. Waiting for 20 minutes now for the agent to pick me up so I can let them know to cancel the appointment. By the way my internet is down as scheduled from 7:20.p.m.

Very upset customer

0 Likes

Message 10 of 41

Hi

I've emailed our network teams to see if this can be escalated within Openreach and also to see if they can look at their network logs for the circuit to see if anything stands out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 11 of 41

Thanks for arranging the 3rd openreach engineer to come for resolving the issue.

I have make it very clear that everyday start from around 7.p.m-9.pm the internet will goes down and stay down until next morning around 10.a.m- 11.a.m.

I am hoping for the engineer to come at the problematic period e.g between 9.a.m to 10.a.m so they can diagnose the issue. 

I have stated in the support chat, I have stated in the community forum, I have stated the same thing again in the call this morning.

Guest what? The openreach engineer came at 11:10.a.m this morning when the connection just came up on 11.a.m.

And expected, he came during the internet up time, run the test, everything is fine, not finding any issue. Then go and check if there is any available fiber port that can test to switch over, and got the exact same answer as the previous engineer. Then the engineer left without doing anything. It would be totally different if he come when the internet is down.

I truly understand that the way the engineer booking system work is to allocated a slot for 5 hours that the engineer can come anytime. 

But for this case is different, it has a specific downtime. The engineer need to come during the down time period to perform diagnosis to identify the problems.

It has been 3 weeks down the road... All I ask is just an engineer to come on the downtime period instead of keep on sending them on a huge timeslot. Maybe that is just too much to ask for.

Extremely upset talktalk customer

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 12 of 41

Hi Chris,

As the internet has been having issue for the 3rd week now, I am so desperate on getting it fix so that I can actually work. However, as I mentioned, the internet down time has a patern of getting down around 7-9p.m at night all the way until next morning around. 10-11.a.m and it will be back on. If the engineer comes after that they will be most likely not able to find out anything just like the last engineer that has visited. Just booked the next available slot if they can't make it to that problematic timeframe. I will come home purposely for the engineer. Just let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Thomas

0 Likes

Message 13 of 41

The security information is fine, could you just confirm if you'd like a AM or PM appointment or either

Chris

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 14 of 41

Hi Chris,

I have redo the security check. Please let me know if it is ok now. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 41

Hi Thomas,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 16 of 41

Hi Karl,

Just afraid that engineer just like the last one came yesterday during the period without any issue and go home empty handed while I still stuck with the same problem at night and morning. I have reply the pm, do let me know if more information needed.

Thanks & Regards

Thomas

0 Likes

Message 17 of 41

Hi

Openreach engineer visits are usually AM (8-1) or PM (1-6).  We cannot give a specific time that the engineer will arrive. only that it will be within the agreed timeslot.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details to allow an engineer visit to progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 18 of 41

Hi Debbie,

If possible can arrange the engineer to come earlier, the line usually recovered around 10:30 -11.a.m and down again on the night time around 7-9.p.m until next day morning 10-11.a.m. Last engineer bookedvisited around 12:30.p.m run the check and everything was fine.  Just let me know when the engineer will come and i will stay home for the engineer.

Thanks & Regards

Thomas Thong

0 Likes

thomasthong
Team Player
Message 19 of 41

Hi Debbie,

When will the engineer come? Tomorrow morning? I will apply leave and stay at home for him then. Hopefully this round can resolve the issue permanently.

Thanks & Regards

Thomas

0 Likes

Message 20 of 41

Hi Thomas 

I've checked the line test results again this would be an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes