FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has poor range and running hot since house move

gregarus
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Since my house move a week ago, the performance of my fibre has been awful unless stood right next to the router (then it reaches roughly its target speeds). I have a 5-6 year old HG635 Super Router which used to be sat next to the majority of my devices. Now we have moved to a larger house and it is really struggling to transmit even 5-10 metres into other rooms even with a good central position in the house. It is also running pretty hot and has had to be restarted a few times already.

I've been with TalkTalk for getting on for 10 years and have been pleased with really reliable fibre performance and just signed a 2 year contract as part of the house move. I'd hate to be stuck with poor performance now!

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Greg

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The poor speeds may be unrelated to the router running hot. I think the first thing to do is get the HG635 replaced in case it has developed a fault. If it is no better with a replacement router, then I will need to know the speed recorded by the router when you log into it.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and consider replacing the router for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?