FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has wifi disabled and I can't reenable it

JasonF
Visitor
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

We got back from holiday and our wifi had stopped working. Our connection is fine, I've done a load of line tests and it works via a wired connection. When I log into the router it shows the wifi as disabled, despite the fact that the switches are enabled. Please can you help? I've attached screenshots to help show the issue.

Thanks,
Jason

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 12.46.12.png

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 12.46.53.png

  

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thanks Chris - hopefully this will sort the issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi jasonF,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

Message 4 of 12

Yes please, that would be great thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks, would you like us to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Chris, I've already tried this a few times. I've done it again anyway, and it hasn't resolved the issue unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks, yes I can see that you have an Internet connection now. Could you please try resetting your router to factory default settings - Restore your router to factory settings

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

We had a lightning strike on a telephone pole near us last night, the Internet wasn't working this morning, but it seems to be back up now. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks for updating your profile.Your router doesn't appear to be connected to the Internet at the moment so could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let me know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Thanks Chris, I've updated that information.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi JasonF,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes