FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router internet connectivity

PAllen23
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi all,

For the past few weeks my router has been losing internet connection. Once every other day at first, but now twice a day or more.

Our devices tell us about it, and surely enough the router has a red internet light, which usually reconnects itself quite quickly.

It's started to cause issues with our smart home system too, which will be a real problem soon for central heating!

I think our router is from our first contract in October 2017!

Is there any troubleshooting or updating that can be done, or is it just time for a more current router?

Thanks!

-
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi PAllen23

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 5

Hi Debbie, thanks for the reply.

I've also tried line tests from the service centre, but by the time I've got to the page (on mobile data) the internet has connected again and no faults are shown.

Yes please to the replacement router, if there are no problems in a week, I would be confident that my current router is the issue.

Thanks again.

-

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi PAllen23

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @PAllen23,

Have you noticed if the 'Broadband' light goes out first and then flashes green before going back to solid green and then the 'Internet' light goes red, or does the 'Broadband' light remain solid green all the time and it is just the 'Internet' light going red.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes