FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is flakey keep losing internet connection

Hellojoanie
Team Player
Message 38 of 38

I am looking to have my router replaced, the wifi almost never connects now and I have to reboot the router constantly for my wired laptop, this frequently more than once.  The error is 'the DNS server is not responding', the local network is up.  I work from home currently and this is causing me a major problem.  I am open to other suggestions too, thanks.  This issue affects different laptops and mobile phones so it is not device specific. 

Never judge another - you cannot know what is going on in their life.
0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Thanks for that, so why does the BT Open Reach page say my postcode can get FTTP?  And OR have been working in this area installing the capability for most of last year? 

I am decidedly unimpressed with the service I have received so far.  I have attached a Word doc showing the offer for my address, and TT is in the list as a provider. 

@Michelle-TalkTalk  today my BB has been particularly bad, dropping out three times this morning alone, requiring two router reboots.  I am working from home, this is a major issue for me. 

Joan

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Hi @Hellojoanie unfortunately it is fibre to the cabinet 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 3 of 38

Hi Michelle

(I accidentally marked your previous reply as best answer in error! Can you undo that for me?)

The offer I have showing is this, is this FTTP?  

Get Fibre 65 with these incredible extras

Average download speeds of 67Mb/s

£29.95
a month

24 month contract

More details on this bundle deal

• Ultrafast fibre for 24 months.
  • Unlimited UK landline and mobile calls.
  • Choose from an Amazon Echo Dot (4th gen) with an Amazon Smart Plug combo (RRP £74.98) or a Ring Indoor Cam (RRP £49).

Thanks

Joan

0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

Hi Joan,

Thanks for confirming. Does it currently show what offers are available in your My Account with the option to upgrade?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 38
Hi Chris,
FTTP is indeed available from Talk Talk in my postcode area 😊. I would definitely be interested in getting costs and upgrading.
Thanks
Joan

Message 6 of 38

Hi Joan,

If you check your My Account does it show that FTTP is available? There's more information about Future Fibre (FTTP) here

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38
Hi Chris,
As a possible alternative, and because I work from home, can you tell me what it would cost me to switch to an FTTP connection, I believe it is available for my address? It would give me a faster, more stable connection and hopefully resolve the dropping internet issue at the same time.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 8 of 38
Hi Chris
Yes any day 8-1 is fine, except 16th April. I have just confirmed security again. Lets hope the issue can be resolved.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

Hi Joan,

So are you available any day for an AM appointment (08:00-13:00)?

I've sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38
Hi Chris,
Thanks for getting back to me, I think we need to go down the engineering route, there is nothing else I can do in the house. I can confirm no-one in the house has Covid or is experiencing any symptoms. Was there anything else you needed?
I am working from home Mon-Fri 8am-4pm.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 11 of 38

Hi Joan,

Thanks for the bump. I can see that there have been further drops over the weekend, four on Saturday and two yesterday. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit now please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 38
Bump (as requested).
0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi Joan,

There were a few disconnections on the 14th, a couple on the 15th and 16th, one on the 17th and one today. Could you bump the thread on Monday and we'll see how it's been over the weekend

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 38
Good Morning

I am still experiencing occasional disconnects, what can you see in the background, please? It is certainly much less than before.

Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Thanks for the update Joan. I can see couple or re-connections yesterday morning, nothing since 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 38
Hi Chris
I think I will hang fire on an engineer just now, I had a think about what else it could be, yesterday I changed the network cable from router to wall box, so far so good. Can you see any disconnects at your end? I will give you an update either when it disconnects, to book the engineer or to close this thread if the connection stays up. Fingers crossed.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi Joan,,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 38
Hi Chris
1. I confirm that if the fault is found to be within my house that I may be liable for engineering visit charges.
2. Available 8am-1pm Monday- Friday as I am currently working from home.
3. I have confirmed my security details as requested.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Hi Joan

If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38
Hello,
Thanks for the information about engineers. This issue is still occurring so I think if an engineer visit is the next step then please go ahead and book a visit.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes