FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is flakey keep losing internet connection

Hellojoanie
Team Player
Message 38 of 38

I am looking to have my router replaced, the wifi almost never connects now and I have to reboot the router constantly for my wired laptop, this frequently more than once.  The error is 'the DNS server is not responding', the local network is up.  I work from home currently and this is causing me a major problem.  I am open to other suggestions too, thanks.  This issue affects different laptops and mobile phones so it is not device specific. 

Never judge another - you cannot know what is going on in their life.
0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 21 of 38

Hi Joan,

Thanks for getting back to me, there's information here about potential engineer charges - Engineers charges

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 38
Hi Chris,
Apologies for the delay, I did not get a notification of a reply to the post. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing an issue where I have to reboot the router to get an internet connection every few days, sometimes (today), more than once. Would an engineer visit be chargeable?
I was unaware posting to my thread would put it at the back of the queue! I will wait to hear from you.
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 23 of 38

Hi Hellojoanie,

Apologies for the delay (we've not been ignoring you, we've been a bit short staffed and each time you post you move your thread to the back of the queue)

Line test is clear and router is in sync at 42.3Mbps but I can see that there have been a few reconnections over the last week.

If you're still experiencing problems then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 38

@Karl-TalkTalk , @Debbie-TalkTalk , @Michelle-TalkTalk prevoiusly you have each replied to this thread, now I am being ignored, why?  I appreciate you are busy, but I am the client and I am not happy.

Please will someone pick this up and reply to me.  I am still having issues with the internet disconnecting intermittently.

Joan

0 Likes

Message 25 of 38
Hello,
Is anyone actually reading this thread now? My internet went down yesterday once and this morning it was not working, both times rebooting the router resolves the issue. But this is far from ideal, and not great customer service, I am less than impressed.

Regards
Joan

0 Likes

Message 26 of 38
HI @Michelle-TalkTalk,
I though I replied to this yesterday but it does not seem to be here! I still have my router plugged into the test socket, and it has only gone down one in the last 3 days, it has been stable the last 48hrs. Will I put the socket back and see what happens?
Thanks
Joan
0 Likes

Message 27 of 38

Hi Joan,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can't currently see the stability stats at the moment. How has the stability been since your last post? Are you still currently connected wired at the moment when this happens?

Thanks

Message 28 of 38
Hi Debbie,
At lunchtime I connected the router to the test socket with a microfilter, but sadly my Internet has dropped again this evening. Also this afternoon I had people say my voice was robotic and garbled again. So doing this has not changed anything.
What next?

Kind regards
Joan
0 Likes

Message 29 of 38

Hi Joan

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket with a microfilter?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

TallTrees
Super Duper Contributor
Message 30 of 38
Hi there ~ I was suffering too. I asked chat to help and they tested line for me and organised a BT openreach engineer to check it.
They replaced the older model of Master Socket to a similar model to the one you mention this has got me back on line after a few days of me checking everything I could. They couldn't check my incoming line from the Pole as access was not good I understand there is a small blip fault but as long as I'm on line all is well. Best of luck
Happiness is Bee shaped

Message 31 of 38

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Sadly replacing the router has not helped 😞 . This morning there was network but no internet connection to my mobile or my cabled laptop. I rebooted the router and the internet connected.

On the computer, because I am working from home I use an Avaya softphone and I am told I am frequently 'crackly', also using Teams I am told I go 'robotic' sounding so my speech is garbled.  I do not have a phone connected to my line but I connected one and there does not seem to be any noise on the line.  My socket is a Master Socket 5C BT Openreach Mk4.  

So where do we go from here?  It is possible to get the line tested?

Thanks

Joan 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 38
0 Likes

Hellojoanie
Team Player
Message 33 of 38
I have installed my new router, thanks, I will monitor it over the next 7-10 days or so and report back. I appreciate the swiftness in dealing with this issue, top marks TalkTalk. 🙂 .

Message 34 of 38

Hi Hellojoanie

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 35 of 38

Thanks Karl, I look forward to receiving it.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 36 of 38

Hi

I'll get a replacement router out and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Divsec
Community Star
Message 37 of 38

Hi @Hellojoanie Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.