FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps dropping connection

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

My router (SG4K100130) has been dropping connection on WiFi for a while but is also dropping connection wired too now.

My YouView boxes and Smart TV are connected via Power Lines and I've noticed the TV gives a message that an App can't connect to the Internet (not sure what app as it doesn't say), then get a message via the box Broadband has been reconnected and a message from the TV Broadband restored.

At the same time, I will have lost WiFi to my tablet.

I've reset the router a number of times and also the Powerlines and things seem to be ok for a couple of days and then I notice it happening again.

The router dashboard, before the last reset, showed connected to the Internet for 9 days, although I was getting dropouts during this time.

Except for the dropouts, the router appears to work well when connected.

Any help welcome.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

@Karl-TalkTalk thank you.

It will be recycled with next week's collection.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi fr8ys

I've submitted your details via our process to flag to the Team so no charges are raised.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

@Lorrainef Yes, please. I would like to recycle myself as much more convenient given the distance to the nearest post office and local council have kerbside collection for small electrical items.

Await to hear from you.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Lorrainef
Support Team
Message 4 of 18

Hi fr8ys if you want to recycle it you can do, all you need to do is let us know you've chosen this route and we will do the necessary.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi fr8ys

Ok, thank you. I've ordered the returns bag so this router can be returned.

Debbie

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 18

It's the sagmcom hub

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi fr8ys

How old is your previous router? What is the make and model?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 8 of 18

I'm happy to put out for kerbside collection as it saves a 4 mile trip to the post office, if this is TalkTalk policy as per the letter. 

Seeing so many "fines" being applied I was seeking clarification of TalkTalk policy on this as some seem to have bags sent and others don't.

If you feel there is a grey area here, then please send a bag, but clarification on official policy would be appreciated.

Message 9 of 18

Hi fr8ys

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Would you like me to send a returns bag just to be on the safe side?

Debbie

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 10 of 18

Router has been up and running for a couple of weeks now with no drop outs.

no return bag in box but letter had advice on recycling. My local council have kerb side recycling. Can you confirm it's ok to recycle this way as I don't want a nasty surprise asking for payment for non return of the router.

thank you.

Message 11 of 18

Hi fr8ys

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 12 of 18

@Karl-TalkTalk Router arrived and up and running.

Thank you.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 18

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 14 of 18

Thank you @Karl-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi

OK, it's on the way.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 16 of 18

@Karl-TalkTalk , yes please. That would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 18

Hi

I'm not seeing any issues on the line, all tests are clear, no errors etc.

Do you wanna try a router swap ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes