FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps failing - Intermittent connection

pauldnb
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

I moved into a new house around 2 months ago now and everything was fine but now every couple of days my connection drops I only have 2 Ethernet cables connected everything else is Wifi, I havent changed anything and also have the new hub,  I keep having to reset the Router, is there a possibility there is a fault with it? 

I dont have any other routers to test this, its mainly my PC I use the most and just shows as Connection Failed or Connection Closed I dont know what other tests I can run from home 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

I'll get this out to you now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

pauldnb
Team Player
Message 2 of 10

we could try a router first if that is what you suggest, then we can take it from there

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

we usually like to make sure a 2nd router is tested to rule out a hardware issue before progressing to an engineer, would you like to try this or progress to an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pauldnb
Team Player
Message 4 of 10

I dont have any other routers to test with, I was getting problems before in my old place and you already sent me a new one out before I moved house, the new Wifi hub.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Not seeing any issues remotely, have you tested with another router to rule out a hardware issue ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

pauldnb
Team Player
Message 6 of 10

socket.jpg

I have 3 sockets total, the first one is just an empty square hole the wire then goes around to a phone socket that hasnt got a split, in for a test socket then have another cable that goes all the way upstairs to one of the bedrooms. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Is there only one phone socket ?  The master socket is usually where the line enters the property.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

pauldnb
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

from the looks of this house I do not see anything that resembles a test socket, I am using a microfilter its a very old place that hasnt been updated for awhile well compared to what I had before,

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi pauldnb

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault.

Is the router currently connected at test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes