FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router log full of DNS errors

ar2000d
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hi

Just been chatting with support for over 2 hours and no joy on this so I thought I would try the forum instead.

We have an intermittent fault where a website fails to load, or a laptop seems to think a printer is off-line when I can ping it but that can be up to 400ms. They might be different issues, however I have a log full of DNS errors and wondered if this might be related. An extract  of the log is attached

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi ar2000d

The Huawei WIFI hub and the Sagemcom hub look very similar but they are different makes and models of router.

Please can you check the sticker on the back of the router?

0 Likes

ar2000d
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 9

Hi there.

The new hub arrived yesterday, but I was surprised it was exactly the same as my old one, I thought I was getting a different one.

I haven't installed it yet. Could you let me know if I should or if not what will happen next.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi ar2000d

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 9

Hi Michelle,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I thought I had replied, but obviously not. Yes please, I would like to replace the router

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub instead for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

If you go to the router login page (http://192.168.1.1/), what 'version' does it show near the bottom. SG4K10002816t is the one that is best known for this issue.

There is a new version of firmware being rolled out at the moment that should fix this problem, but the rollout is going quite slowly as some other issues are being investigated.

The staff here on the community will be able to help when they are back next week, they will reply to this post to help you, they may just suggest that they send you a router of a different model (the Huawei hub).

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi @Skynet_TX 

That is exactly what happening. Intermittently on different websites.

Sounds like a need a new hub. Any idea how i get one. Message support were so unhelpful

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @ar2000d,

Where you say 'a website fails to load', do you mean that you are having issues with one specific website, or are you saying that you can't access any websites.

There is a known issue with a specific version of the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub firmware (it looks like that is the hub you have based on your image ?).

If you were suffering from this known issue then what tends to happen is that the LED remains solid white, but devices (wired and wireless) lose internet access, you can get it to work again by rebooting the router, but the problem will come back again some time later. Is this the behaviour you are seeing ?

0 Likes