FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router needs daily reset

paul080803
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

New to talktalk having come from BT.

With BT we had a reliable 40mbps download throughout the day.

Since starting with talktalk it has been terrible. After a router reset we get around 32mbps, and that steadily drops throughout the day and by the evening down to single figures. At this point iplayer etc won't work and we have to reset router again.

We are not heavy users, just 3 phones, one smart TV and a work laptop and ring doorbell.

Any ideas to fix? Or do i just need to go elsewhere as this just isn't going to work longterm. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is clear and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, is it still only of an evening when this happens and does this also happen if you connect wired? Please can you run a few more wired speed tests using the TalkTalk Speed Tester when the speeds are good and also when the speeds drop and we can pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

New router received and no better.

I am sure it isn't congested wifi from neighbours etc as we live in a detached house with a good distance from our neighbours and nothing has changed from our BT set up. We literally unplugged the BT router and plugged in the talktalk router and our problems have started.

Unless I can have a guarantee that it will be fixed then I will want to invoke the 30day connection guarantee and move to another provider with a better router (I assume router issue as getting 39mbps to the router).

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi paul080803

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 8

Done, thank you.

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

Did a connection test and no fault.

Landline phone is working fine.

No test socket in the house. We are using the same socket as the BT hub was connected to so we know the house circuit is fine.

I went into the router admin and it stated 38mbps connection speed. I suspect it is the router that is faulty on the WiFi side. I have updated profile so hopefully they will be in touch.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi paul,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @paul080803,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

If the staff here thought this might be an issue with the router itself they would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.