FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router or Broadband deteriorating

breconcareg
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Last week I reported that my broadband was dropping in and out, they did various checks and suggested it was ok. I did try to explain it was intermittent and my router was over 3 years old.

I relocated my router off my main phone line in plug and centralized it more and used a new filter plug. As the week has gone on it has progressively got worse, to an extent where I cannot even start Amazon prime on the TV, even after turning  the router on/off. I did a speed check and my upload was higher than the download!

I still think the router is failing, surely that would be an easy fix considering the time I have had this one.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi breconcareg,

I've ordered a router and returns bag, they should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Ok I could try that. Thanks

Don't know if its any help but I ran a speed check through a TV app on my 4K stick and it came back with only 2Mbps download but really high ping of 31.86ms. I ran an additional speed test through my laptop situated right next to the firestick and WiFi download speeds were at 20 Mbps. It also tends to be worse from around 6pm in the evening

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

breconcareg
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Just updated it.

Just to add to the issue, after turning the router off/on or resetting with a pin/paperclip, the TV stream works ok for about 30 seconds then starts to buffer again

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes