FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router out of date

Lydia17
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have just moved into a new flat in London.  I stayed with TalkTalk but upgraded to super fast fibre 65.  However, have kept the same router I was given when I first signed up to TalkTalk in my old property back in 2015.  Since being in my new flat, I have run several speed connection tests, which say the speed from my router to the device is poor.  I am working from home and struggling to get a fast connection, especially when I make video calls to my family or colleagues.  The picture keeps freezing or becoming pixellated.  I have noticed the internet is slower as well.  It should be faster as I am supposedly on a better contract.  

I would like a more up-to-date router; how can I get one please?  

Thanks,

Lydia.

L Gosling
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Please let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Lydia17
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Thank you

L Gosling
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Lydia17

A router is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your response 🙂

L Gosling

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Lydia17,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

They will be able to run tests on your connection and your router to see if they can see any issues, if they did feel the problems were related to the router they would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.