FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router resets wifi channel

ChrisRicha
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Can someone enable my new router so that I can change wifi channels and the router does not rest channels overnight please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi ChrisRicha,

Apologies for the delay. Could you PM me the last 4 digits of your routers serial number and I'll try to switch off wireless optimisation for you

Chris

0 Likes

ChrisRicha
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 8

Still waiting for some feedback on this. The automatic channel choice by the new router chooses the channel used by next door neighbour which is often more powerful than my wifi signal. 

I cannot imagine that because the new router is connected on fibre that it is no longer possible to allow the user to select wifi channels. 

Will have to revert to my old router (same model) if this issue cannot be resolved.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks. I'll have to look into this as I'm not sure if we are able to disable wifi optimisation for FTTP customers. I'll check and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

ChrisRicha
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 8

FAST 5364-4.T8

Thanks Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the PM, which router do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

ChrisRicha
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 8

I have just upgraded to fibre and have lost my fixed line.  Have replied via email with my TT mobile.

I am a bit confused as I have a separate login for my TT account and another ID to login in to the Community and had difficulty login on ( unacceptable password etc.). Have used the Community on and off over the years but not for the past 2 years ( shows how good the service has been). Do you still need a Community login or can you access via your TT account?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi ChrisRicha,

Could you check the number that you've entered in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Chris

0 Likes