FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router software requires updating

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 30 of 30

E0B43C94-CB96-45B7-BBEF-45764B4EBC34.pngMy account shows that I need software update for my router. Is this done remotely? Could you give an indication when it will happen?

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Morning,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 2 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk - my worries are over. The site can be accessed from my devices via wifi. Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Message 3 of 30

No problem, please let us know how you get on

Chris

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 4 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk @Thank you for your assistance. As everything else seems to be working, I will try this at weekend when we are not dependent on wifi for home working.  Grateful if the issue could be kept open and I will report back after rebooting.

Message 5 of 30

OK thanks for trying that. We can't replicate the issue so could you try resetting your router to factory default settings - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 6 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk @Just popped to parents’ house. They too are on TT, with same router as me. I cannot load the miatui.com site there either,  on my iPad or my mums iPad. I can however use their wifi successfully for all other apps, websites, Fbook, Twitter etc. don’t know if this info helps. Is it likely to be the miatui website? Clutching at straws, hate not knowing what the issue is.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

If it doesn't clear it then we could ask our network team to take a look but it's strange that it will let me access the website but not you

Chris

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 8 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk  Sorry about the typo! I will give the router a try when I have a moment, although I did this several times yesterday as mentioned earlier.  Luckily, it is not crucial, but only a bit frustrating,  I will let you know how I get on. If it doesn’t clear is it something that can be fixed here? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

OK, I can see the issue, you have a 'u' instead of an 'a' in your previous post, so I was trying the wrong url 🙂

I've tried the site and it seems to loading fine for me. You could try switching your router off for 30 minutes, this will restart you internet session and may resolve the issue

Chris

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 10 of 30

No Chinese but here the screen shots for safari and google

12C8B971-A9FF-429B-BB36-816F5B37E31D.png3414BBA7-0F30-46A1-83FA-83661F554A01.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

I've tried the website on my home connection and I can't access it either, Are you seeing an error screen partially in Chinese text?

Chris 

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 12 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk @I have tried with Google chrome and get same message

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Thanks, do you have another Internet browser (other than Safari) installed on either device that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 14 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk  No, I couldn’t connect yesterday, which was what prompted me to check talk talk and highlighted the router issue.  I know the company website was down yesterday, but later up and running for others, but I was still unable to connect.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Has it only stopped working since your router firmware was updated?

Chris

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 16 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk  Regarding the website, I get the same message on both iPad and iPhone, using both Safari or Chrome but connect successfully when using 4g on the iPhone. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Hi BevTalk62,

Thanks for the clarification. Service centre seems to take a while to update but 136 is the latest firmware version

Do you have problems connecting to the webpage with more than one internet browser and on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 18 of 30

@Michelle-TalkTalk Good morning. To try and clarify… the wifi signal is now steady and has been connected since later yesterday evening.  My service centre dashboard still shows I need an update to router software.  I thought this message may have changed overnight. So, I imagine at this point I don’t need another router?

I do have a question, I am having issues connecting to one particular web page - miutui.com - I keep getting server not connected message. Not sure what to do?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Apologies for the confusion, do you mean that you can now connect but the router keeps rebooting? Would you like us to send a different router?

Thanks

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Team Player
Message 20 of 30

updated info: so, after several cycles of pin reset and unplugging router for the magic 30 minutes, it would seem that the glitch is fixed.  I seem to have internet service again. Thank you for your help and advice @Karl-TalkTalk 

Just noticed the service centre still shows my router software needs updating, so I watch with interest.

@Karl-TalkTalk stuck in loop! Keeps rebooting then drops off after a couple of seconds. Do I continue here or try phoning customer support? Or can fault be redirected from here,?

0 Likes