FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router won't connect to the network

fmcnicol
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Moved over to fibre 65 recently.

Anyway, I lost my connection today on my router and after going through the 192.168 process I get the message "your router seems to be disconnected from the network".

I have tried my old router and replacing the ADSL cable and socket adapter and I get the same issue.

Chatted for over an hour with one of the customer service people as they were useless, as they couldn't understand that I couldn't load websites using my WiFi and instead was using my mobile data. When I asked to put in a complaint they ended the conversation!

Can anyone provide assistance? I work from home, so it's kind of imperative that I get back up and running.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've completed a test on the line now which is clear. Have you now been able to connect since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Ok, so a solid (rather than flashing) amber light indicates that the router is physically connected ok, but it can't log in to the TalkTalk network. If you are getting the same issue with two routers then this may mean it is an issue out on the external network somewhere. If it doesn't fix itself then the staff here will be able to assist further when they pick this post up.

fmcnicol
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Skynet_TX ,

It would be the dreaded orange light that is constantly on. So the line is fine (according to the service center) and I used my old router to see if it was a hardware issue, but I got the same issue with that.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @fmcnicol,

What light(s) do you have showing on the router ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours (although I do realise you have already tried this with little success !)

0 Likes