FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router won’t turn on

Dawar
First Timer
Message 19 of 19

My router (the newer one) which was added when added to new fibre broadband won’t turn on even after using identical power lead. Can you send new one please asap

Dawar
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi

Line tests are failing and showing a copper line issue. This has been logged to openreach for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

The new router does turn on but looks like problem with line. Can you get engineer to come tomorrow (before 2pm) or Thursday all day. Can you leave a message for them to enter the property this time 

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi

Please do. I'll be interested to see if this resolves it for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

I found one on eBay for £16 despatch same day, I will let you know if it doesn’t work. Thanks

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi

We do not have access to the Openreach Modem, these are provided directly by Openreach themselves.

We will; need to rebook the engineer to make sure they visit the property.

What day is best, and I'll rebook this now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dawar
First Timer
Message 6 of 19

282557A9-D00A-43D2-AEFC-D0F60903BADE.png

enginner didn’t visit inside.  The router is not turning on at all. I need a new router . Please can you post a new one?

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Dawar

I have arranged the engineer visit for 30/06 AM (8am - 1pm) as there are no Saturday appointments available.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Oh ok what about next wednes 30 then. Im free all day but try to get slot next Saturday please 

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Dawar

Saturday appointments are not always available, this is dependent on engineer availability in your area.

We can ask the engineer to call before arrival but we can't guarantee if the engineer will do this. We do ask for someone to be at the property for the full time slot.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Do they work Saturdays afternoon ? Otherwise if they phone me beforehand , they can ring me and I’ll leave work to meet them at property tomorrow or Friday  . I live 5 minutes walk from my workplace 

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Dawar

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also provide your availability for an Openreach engineer visit AM and PM?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Dawar

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

I can’t seem to find landline number . I’ve put my account number in profile I don’t know if you can find from there

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Dawar

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

The open reach router came 7 may 2021. It just won’t turn on. Probably just need a new router 

Dawar
0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Dawar

When was the Openreach modem installed?

If you are experiencing a fault with the Openreach modem then this will need an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

It’s the white open reach one. Yeah I tried turn on and off with plug and the button thing at the back but no luck

Dawar
0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 18 of 19
Is this a Taltalk hub (often black with bronze front & holes) your referring to and not a Openreach modem (white).

Talktalk staff will be back in the morning, to assist you please ensure your profile is up-to-date so they can locate your account.
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes