FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish eero wifi speed

AstroNebulee
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

I have had fibre 150 installed into my flat and on the wired connection to my laptop getting 153mb download 28mb upload but when connecting anything via WiFi I get speeds of 30mb on any device. I have the eero away from any electronics and when trying wifi on my phone or daughters phone then still only 30mb speeds with only this device connected. But when I plug my old black grilled WiFi hub the download speed will shoot up to 80-90mb, even though both hubs were in the same place. I love the features on the eero but the WiFi speed is a complete let down. I have since installed my old black sagecom Wi-Fi hub back in to enjoy the faster speeds. So just a note to anyone else thinking of the eero, don't they are rubbish for WiFi speeds. I have contacted talk talk and said this and hopefully they've made a note for future installations. The wired connection speeds on the eero and sagecom WiFi hub are the same but most devices are WiFi now, so back to the sagecom hub for me. A note that upload remains the same across all routers and devices. So just a consideration if you want an eero hub, brilliant features very poor WiFi signal. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

AstroNebulee
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 14

Let's hope they give you the router Keith, you certainly put a lot of effort into helping me. I hope my speedss now maintain, I'll keep you posted. Thank you again. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 14

I prefer to help someone knowing all the facts & not with both hands tied behind my back.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

@KeithFrench Shameless!!  😂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

Let me know if you want further help with this, although it would be far easier if I had an Eero Router of course....... @Chris-TalkTalk 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

AstroNebulee
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 14

I have since installed my eero back in and now getting WiFi speeds of 91mb now, not sure what happened to treble what I was getting before but this is the speed I'd expect from the eero wifi. Hopefully it stays like it, I'll run regular tests on it. 

0 Likes

AstroNebulee
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 14

Hi Chris

I haven't contacted eero support as I don't know how to. I've contacted yourselves and not helpful really. Why should both devices in the same place away from electrical sources be so different and the WiFi hub much better.

Kind regards 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

They are the WiFi bands and as you say these cannot be changed, I am talking about the channels in each band.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi

Keith I'd love some help regarding with WiFi channels to use on the eero, though I'm not sure where in the app this can be changed. I have just looked online and there is no way of changing WiFi channels on the eero it's 2.4 ghz and 5ghz. The 5ghz can be paused for 10 mins apparently but not all the time if this woykd be a solution. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

This sounds like WiFi interference to me with your old router using different channels. I can help a lot with this if you want, but I do not have an Eero, so you may need to find out how to change the settings of the router within its app. You can either try copying them from your WiFi hub (which one), or I can send you some stuff to allow me to work out the best Wi-Fi settings for you.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Could you take a look at our eero support hub, you can get support through the eero app

Chris

0 Likes

AstroNebulee
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 14

Hi Chris

I haven't contacted eero support as I don't know how to. I've contacted yourselves and not helpful really. Why should both devices in the same place away from electrical sources be so different and the WiFi hub much better.

Kind regards 

0 Likes

AstroNebulee
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 14

Hi Chris

Kind regards 

Lee 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi AstroNebulee,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your speeds, have you contacted the eero support team, I'm sure they would be able to help with this issue?

Chris

0 Likes