FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagecom Router DNS Issues

trev Perks
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Hi All. I have had a constant Problem with different computers/devices losing connection to the internet. Web Browser shows blank page with suggested DNS problem. If I reset the router the problem goes away and usually happens again a few hours later. If i change the router DNS settings to manual (use google) , this also works for a while. I have read that there is a possible firmware release to address this issue. I think from reading other posts that a different router is the only fix at the moment . Any help would be appreciated .

Trev.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Glad our Team were able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Good News ! New router has worked without any DNS problems for the last 48hrs. Thanks for the help and fast service. 

Trev.

Message 3 of 8

Hi Trev

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 8
Hi Skynet_TX, thanks for your help. Debbie has offered a Huawei router. I will report back once the DNS problem is fixed to hopefully help other users.
Trev.

Message 5 of 8

Hi Debbie, many thanks for your fast reply. 

Yes I would like Huawei hub if it will solve the problem. I have put my TalkTalk landline no. on my profile, if you need more info please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Trev.

Message 6 of 8

Hi Trev

Apologies for this.

I can send you a Huawei WIFI hub, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @trev Perks,

Yes you are correct that there is a new version of firmware that will resolve the DNS issues, that firmware is currently being tested and should be ready for release fairly soon, but a date has not yet been announced.

In the short term the staff here may suggest that they send you a different router, the other Wi-Fi Hub (made by Huawei) is not affected by this problem, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.