FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagecom Wi-Fi Hub 2.4GHz Channel selection

Geoff01562
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Problem: If I set the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Channel to 11 it works fine for a while, then reverts to Channel 1 - usually overnight.
I need to be able to change permanently from Channel 1 as it is used by many of my neighbours, and Channel 11 is fairly clear.

Harware Version: FAST5364 3.00
Software Version: SG4K10002816t
GUI Version: 3.7.8

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Geoff

We have fed this back to our Products Team and they are looking into this issue to make sure that the WIFI optimisation works as intended.

I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Looks like the Wireless Optimisation feature is broken in this case - as it always chooses the crowded Channel 1, instead of the empty channels from about 8 upwards - and yes, I have checked with a Wi-Fi monitor application.

Surely the optimisation feature should only happen if you set the Channel number to Auto, and not override the channels you have set manually.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Geoff

Apologies for this.

Not all customers choose/change their own wireless channels and the WIFI optimisation is designed to choose the best channel for you.

Hope this helps and thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Have checked this morning and the WiFi is still on Channel 11 as I set it yesterday - so all good so far, will monitor and report if it resets.

If only you can make the change, why is the option to change WiFi Channels available in the Hub Dashboard, when for most users it will simply get reset?

Regards

Geoff

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Geoff

Only we can make this change for you.

Have you set the wireless channels again, how has the connection been?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks Debbie,

Is this a setting only you can change, or is it somewhere in the Dashboard and I just haven't found it?

Regards

Geoff

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Geoff01562

Apologies for this.

I have switched off the WIFI optimisation, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes