FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagecom wifi disconnections

briantrumpet1
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 13

My laptop disconnects from my paid-for TT Sagecom wifi hub once or twice a day while in use, but the TT service checker says it can't recognise my router. Could someone from TT check it from your end, to see if anything needs updating, please?

My community profile is up to date.

Thanks!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Aha, thanks Karl. Will do.

Message 3 of 13

Hi

You can just return the router, it is linked to your account via serial number.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 13

Hi - new router arrived, seems fine, and though there are occasional disconnections on wifi, your line checker tells me it's wifi my end, rather than line problems causing it. At least the router is now recognised, and has the latest firmware, so I'll send back the old one.

I see it says to include the invoice, but I can't find it - does that matter?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working day for delivery. I'll send you a PM with a link to the survey 

Thanks

Chris

Message 6 of 13

OK thanks, I'll sort this out for you now and let you know when I've ordered it

Message 7 of 13

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk  - yes, sure.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi briantrumpet1,

We're trialing a new way of sending routers, would you like to take part in the trial? We would just ask your to complete a short feedback survey afterwards

Chris

Message 9 of 13

Thanks Michelle - weird - I thought I'd replied to this!

Yes please to replacement Sagecom - last night, after a couple of days of several disconnections, I lost internet entirely, and it still wouldn't connect this morning, so I reconnected one of my old routers, and it picked up the internet straight away, albeit a bit slower on wifi than the Sagecom.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 13

Hi brian,

Thanks for trying this. I've checked again and I still can't check the firmware. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule out any issues with the current router?

Thanks

Message 11 of 13
Thanks Michelle. Reset done.

Just to note, even when I'm on ethernet, Zoom occasionally tells me that my connection is unstable, which is odd, as when everything's going well, it's 37mb/s. Anyway, let's see what you find first.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi brian,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. I can't currently see which router/firmware you currently have. Would it be possible to factory reset the router, set this back up, then let us know so we can re-check this again to see if the firmware is up to date please?

Thanks