FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom FAST 5364-3 T8 Router kicks off all other devices when using VPN

Caroline92
First Timer
Message 13 of 13

When I'm logged in to a VPN (a requirement for work) on my work laptop, the Sagemcom FAST 5364-3 T8 router we have at home kicks every other device off the internet. Between myself and the IT team at work, we have narrowed it down to the router rather than any other sources (the VPN, the laptop etc) as I have successfully used my phone data as a hotspot for all my devices with the same VPN and not experienced the same issue.

Could I be sent a new router please - or is there something I can do to this one to stop this from happening?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Caroline

Thanks for the Private Message.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 13

Hi Caroline

Apologies, please can you try this again?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Debbie, 

I'm struggling to do this as I'm getting an error when I go to private message you:

Caroline92_0-1632213579342.png

As you can see there's no option to action any message?

Thanks,

Caroline

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Caroline

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Yes please! That would be great. 

Thanks,

Caroline

Message 6 of 13

Hi Caroline

Thank you.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version. Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Caroline92
First Timer
Message 7 of 13

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - landline has been added.

Thanks,

Caroline

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

That most certainly shouldn't be the case, as you say. I have never come across such a problem before. Hopefully TalkTalk will be able to help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 13

Hi Caroline92

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Caroline92
First Timer
Message 10 of 13

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk - I've now done this.

Thanks @KeithFrench, appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, it's the second half of your advice that is the issue - it's that all the other devices (phone, partner's laptop etc) are no longer able to use the internet at all once I'm logged in via the VPN on my laptop (through the TalkTalk wifi and router). The router seems to be the issue having done an exercise of deduction.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

Hi @Caroline92 

If the VPN client is on say a PC, when connected, any internet access from that PC will no longer go out to the internet from the TalkTalk network, instead, it routes out via your company's internet access router. You will have no access to that PC from any device connected to your router, whilst the VPN is active.

However, whilst it is active, you should still be able to access the internet from these other devices via the TalkTalk network.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi Caroline,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes