FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom-FAST5364 update please

pduerden
Participant
Message 26 of 26

Hi my service has gone live. I am on the super fast package. I have done a speed test today and I am only getting 29Mb. The dashboard is telling me the router Sagemcom-FAST5364  needs update.

Please can you assist

Regards

Phil 

Phil Duerden
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. It would be worth contacting our Loyalty Team directly to discuss this further and so that they can look into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26
Hi Michelle

From what the engineer said its maybe the limit my line can achieve so I'm not sure that would help.

Can I downgrade my package to the faster fibre package and make some savings as i'm paying for the faster service ?

Regards

Phil
Phil Duerden
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take another look now. I've re-run the line test again which is still clear. Would you like us to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

Message 4 of 26
Hi
I've not got any faster speeds since the visit from the engineer. The modem may have synced slightly fast but its a small increase.

Is there anything else I can try ?

Thank you
Phil
Phil Duerden
0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi

OK, the engineer will have reset the DLM system, lets see if the speeds pick up over the weekend.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26
Hi
The engineer came yesterday and checked the line and found no faults. He went to reset the connection at the local box. Not much change in speed here on my side but he said to leave it a couple of days. I will report back

Regards
Phil
Phil Duerden
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 26
Perfect thank you Karl. I will let you know how we get on

Regards
Phil
Phil Duerden

Message 9 of 26

Hi Phil

In this case, there is no charges for this engineer.  They should be round tomorrow 15th between 8-1.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26
Hi Karl

Will the engineer cost anything ?

I am working from home at the moment so can be flexible

Regards
Phil
Phil Duerden
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi Phil

The speed boost is active and the DLM profile is set at 80mb so will allow the line to achieve what it can.

Your sync speed is at 28mb, this is lower than the guaranteed minimum, and you are at the test socket.

An engineer will be required.  What days are best for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 12 of 26
Hi Debbie

I am now connected in the test socket.

I also noted from other posts mentioned you should be able to see broadband boost showing in my account section, can you confirm where please. I have checked my account and it says

Faster Fibre
18 Months contract

I cant see a broadband boost section so are you also able to confirm that the boost is active on my account

Regards
Phil
Phil Duerden
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Message 14 of 26
I'll have a look tomorrow. I'll let you know when it's in the test socket

Cheers
Phil
Phil Duerden

Message 15 of 26

Hi Phil,

Thanks for confirming. The NTE5 5C master socket should have a test socket below the lower half of the faceplate, there should be clips at the side to remove faceplate.

Thanks

Message 16 of 26
Hi

It's the NTE 5C

Regards
Phil
Phil Duerden

Message 17 of 26

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, does your master socket look like the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

Message 18 of 26
There is no test socket. It is connected to the main by inlet with filter attached
Regards
Phil
Phil Duerden
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi Phil

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at just under 30mb.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 20 of 26
Hi Debbie

Thank you confirming. Should I reboot the router ?

If you could investigate the speed that would be great

Cheers
Phil
Phil Duerden