FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom Fast 5364 Firmware

an1sa_k
Whizz Kid
Message 33 of 33

I currently have the Sagemcom F@st 5364 TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub. It works perfectly most of the time, but there are a few bugs and issues.

Currently, the hub is running firmware version: SG4K10002816t, which I know is the latest firmware available publicly. 

I think I've read somewhere on this forum that a new firmware version is currently in the works. Would someone be able to clarify if this is the case? If there is, is there a timescale of when it'll be pushed out to consumers?

Also, I wouldn't mind if others want to post any bugs or issues they've come across with this particular router model on this post if you want. It's just for discussion. If you have a specific issue that needs resolving, please follow the community guidelines and start your own topic.

Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

paulshent
Community Star
Message 1 of 33

Update and things to try.  Testing the new firmware at moment. So not sure how long to general release.  In the mean time i set the following up on my SageMcom.   (1) Go into admin menu .  (2)Select  "See Internet Settings".  (3) Select "Manage Advanced Settings" (4) Select "Continue",  (5) Select "Internet Connectivity"  (6) Select "DNS IPV4"  then change DNS to Manual, and set Primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4, then apply new settings.   That's it. all done.  (no more DNS errors in the router logs and a stable system)

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 33

Bumping this thread. Are there any new updates on this? 

Just had to deal with a DNS outage which resulted in me rebooting the router 😞

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 33

Hi @CarlosM,

No date has been confirmed yet, but there was hope of it being available towards the end of this month, but this does of course depend on the testing not finding any further problems.

CarlosM
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 33

I hope the new firmware will be generally available soon.  Is there a date set for the release?

2door
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 33

Hi Martswain. Yes the "solution" was posted on 6/5/21 as 

"The new firmware for the Sagemcom router should be available at some point this month." 

It wasn't, and is still in testing according to the last post by Debbie on 14/6/21. I wouldn't call that "Solved", more like "potentially solved if the fix is ever released and is successful"  Can the status be changed to something more accurate?

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 33

@2door  you have posted on a topic that is marked as "solved" 

0 Likes

2door
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 33

Question for TT support: Is there any update on the testing/scheduling of roll-out of the new router Firmware? Does your team have a target resolution date?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

Hi Brian286

Yes that's correct.

We don't have an exact date at the moment. The firmware is still being tested at the moment.

Once all testing has been completed then all Sagemcom routers will be updated with the new FW.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Brian286
First Timer
Message 9 of 33

14/6/21   So is the new firmware to replace SG4K10002816t     in TT Router sagemcom   FAST-5364-3.T8    available yet.

I have DHCP issues.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

Hello,

Our team encountered an issue during the testing of the new firmware so it now has to be resolved and then retested again before we can roll this out. It's looking like it will be next month at the earliest.

Thanks

Message 11 of 33

Hi Debbie, does "soon" mean this month? or is that unlikely?

Cheers,

2door.

Message 12 of 33

Hi CarlosM

Sorry we don't have any specific dates at the moment but it is coming soon.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 33

Any update on the firmware release?  

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 33

Hello,

I'll speak to our Products Team and try and find out if we have a date for this.

Thanks

Message 15 of 33
Will the firmware still be released this month?

Message 16 of 33

There is no option to clear down the logs, but my logs all appear to be in date/time order., and more easy to read.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

Hi Karl,

Does this update also fix the Operator Log display issue? 

Currently log entries are not displayed in date order but seem to be sorted on the numeric value of the date field.

Thanks,

2door.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

Hi CarlosM

Apologies, this wont be in the new firmware. We would need to switch off the WIFI optimisation for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 19 of 33

you will still have to ask for wifi optimisation to be turned off.  Not sure why they though that would be a good idea.  Only applies to the SageMcom router.

Message 20 of 33

I hope that WI-FI optimisation will be available in the router web portal as part of the new firmware.   I occasionally factory reset the router and would rather not have to ask a TalkTalk rep to disable.