FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom fast 5364 router - No Power

Scrim
Team Player
Message 1 of 14

I received the new fast router at the end of May it worked fine until the 8th Jun when it was not receiving power no light, on carrying out checks I found that the AC/DC adapter was not working. I contacted TalkTalk via live chat and after chatting to several operators and various checks being carried out they eventually stated that I needed and engineer visit. I informed them that the problem was the adapter not the line, but to no avail they insisted an engineer attended which I reluctantly agreed too. Engineer from OpenReach arrived on the 10th Jun and found no faults on the line, which I already knew. I was then received a Text from TalkTalk stating the issue was resolved, which obviously it wasn't as the problem was the Power Adapter. On contacting Customer Services and explaining that I had a faulty Power Adapter and requested a replacement they informed me that I would have to pay for a replacement. This I totally disagreed with as the adapter was just a week old and was faulty. Under the Customer Terms of Reference I am entitled to a repair or replacement of faulty item. I have also emailed a complaint to Concerns TalkTalk PLC.  Having looked on this Community Forum I see that this problem is not a one off with a faulty adapter. Can anyone advise how to get a replacement as I am currently using my old router. MGS

MGS
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 14

Hi Scrim

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We can't send just the power adapter I would need to send a replacement router. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 14

Hello Debbie,

Thanks for the reply, that would be great thankyou. However is there a problem with the Power Adapters as it appears that others have had the same fault?  Also how do I return the faulty Adapter and Router. 

MGS
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Scrim

Do you mean the power cable for the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

The AC/DC adapter.

MGS
0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Scrim,

As far as I'm aware there's no known issues with the adapter and I don't recall seeing anyone else reporting any problems specifically with the adapter.

Would you like me to send the replacement router (we will also send a returns bag to send the old router back in)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Chris,

Yes please send a replacement router, thankyou. The people reporting the same issue with the adapter is under the heading; "New router SAGEMCOM Fast 5364-3. T8 No Power".

MGS
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

As with any electrical equipment there will always be a small number that develop a fault but as I've said, there are no known issues as far as I'm aware, specifically with the power adapter

Chris

Message 9 of 14

Chris,

Thankyou for sorting out this issue for me. I assume the replacement is free of charge?

MGS
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Yes the replacement is free of charge 🙂

Message 11 of 14

A big thanks.

MGS
0 Likes

Message 12 of 14
0 Likes

Message 13 of 14
Received replacement Router package today 12/06/19, all working fine at the moment. Speedy delivery great service thankyou
MGS
0 Likes

Message 14 of 14

Your Welcome, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes