Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagemcom version SG4K10002816t - DNS settings issue

27 REPLIES 27
Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hello

Similar to the discussion on this thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Sagemcom-router-suddenly-playing-up/m-p/2586752

I've have been having what appears to be the same issue, that is at some point during the day (for the last 4 days), our devices will stop having contact with the internet.

The router will show a white light and will indicate all is well with the connection. There's nothing at the point of occurrence showing in the router's logs.

We mostly use ethernet here so it's not a wifi issue.

I've tried resetting the router back to factory settings.

We usually use OpenDNS as the manually specified DNS in Internet Connectivity settings and have had no issues with this since moving to fibre and using the Sagemcom back since 2017.

If the connectivity issue does occur, logging in to the router and changing the DNS setting to back auto clears the stoppage. I've left it at this for now to see if the issue occurs again.

The issue has only manifested recently - so potentially related if the new firmware update to SG4K10002816t was installed in this timespan.

Hope this info helps.

M

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Montana,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a different make and model of router for testing purposes? (Huawei Wifi Hub)

Thanks

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

Thanks for the offer. Yes I'll try the other router. Albeit the Sagemcom has been very reliable up to now.

Just encountered the issue this morning and had to toggle the router's DNS settings a several times before the connections on active devices was restored. All the while router was telling me all was well with internet conectivity

Is there any news from the Product Teams looking into this as noted on the other thread, as it does look like an issue with the DNS set up in the Sagemcoms SG4K10002816t firmware?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Sagemcom-router-suddenly-playing-up/m-p/2586752

M

OCE_Chris

Hi Montana

I've ordered the router as requested. It should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Thanks

Chris

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks for letting me know @OCE_Chris.

M
OCE_Michelle

Hi Montana,

Please let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Will do @OCE_Michelle 

Had the issue again last night, only TTTV box in use at the time streaming a series episode. Had the router DNS settings set to auto (i.e., TT servers) too.   Trying google's now if that'll make any difference!

Any feedback at all from the Product Team looking into this yet?

Thanks

M

OCE_Michelle

Hi Montana,

Ok please let me know how this compares. There is no further update on a newer version of firmware as yet.

Thanks

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hi

Set up new router at 6pm Thu eve. All seemed ok. Then at 9pm the connection went down and the router has been unable to connect since as I write.

Seems to be more than a DNS issue on the line. Can checks be made asap in the morning Fri and an engineer expedited to sort. 

Must have a service asap for work and dealing with a bereavement.

Has a fibre/exchange component that's been failing over the last couple of weeks now have failed completely and need replacing!!

Thanks

M

OCE_Chris

Hi Montana,

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does you master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Just the master socket, no extensions, new router been plugged into test socket still issues and unable to connect.

Swapped filters and leads.

Phone line seems fine.

Using mobile data to post this.

Please organise engineer asap. This is third week of recent issues.

Thanks

M

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Update

BB appears to be back up as of this morning (Sunday). Service Centre currently says:

200816 Network issue notice.png

Assume this is what has been worked on so will see what the phone contact update has to say.

However, having had issues since 23rd July culminating in no working fibre for 70 hours from Thursday evening, my confidence in the reliability of the service has taken serious knock 😞.

M

OCE_Karl

Hi

I'm showing a connection today, has this remained solid from when it was restored over the weekend ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

It has been so far thanks @OCE_Karl

Relieved that a fault was finally identified and seems to be fixed. Rather painful to get to this point it's been.

Cheers

M

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hi

Seems like it's NOT fixed, just lost connection this morning and rebooting router it fails to connect again.

Please help.

M

OCE_Michelle

Hi Montana,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that this has been raised to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Michelle

OR engineer in touch today, done tests, seen issue where devices lose connection although line shows as connected....possibly emanating from capacity upgrade work end of July.

Result being, line now moved to a new card.

So fingers crossed all will be well.

Thanks

M

OCE_Michelle

Hi Montana,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know how you get on and how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Montana
Super Duper Contributor

Hi OCEs

Alas; just experienced the loss of internet connection to 3 currently active devices just minutes before a work meeting video call was due to start. 😧.

All devices cable connected.

I've now swapped in the other router, the DG8041W-2.T5 v1.05t again and removed the Sagemcom SG4K10002816t.

So may have been having both a faulty card AND faulty router or firmware issue these last weeks.

Will let you know if anything further occurs on this issue.

Are you absolutely sure there's nothing untoward with the fibre line/network set up at TT's end?

Update: At 17:35 another of these issues again with the replacement router - so there still a fault somewhere.

Thanks

M

OCE_Michelle

Hi Montana,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats now and the line test is still clear and I can only see the 1 re-connection on the line. How have you found the stability since your last post?

Thanks