FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart TV and SKY Q Disconnecting from Hub

tommy_l
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I have a Samsung Smart TV and Sky Q connected to my TalkTalk WiFi Hub. Recently both have been losing connection to the hub, even though they are connected via ethernet cable. When disconnecting and reconnecting the cables the hub's light flashes orange for a few seconds before a connection is re-established.

I have connected both the TV and Sky Q via WiFi and they will lose connection this way eventually as well.

I would assume this is an issue with the hub and not the TV and Sky Q, since both are having the disconnecting issues.

Anything I can do to resolve this issue? Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

The replacement router sent a while back is the same model.  I've a completely different model on the way, one you have not tried before.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 15

@Karl-TalkTalk  I will try anything. I take it that the replacement router I received a few weeks back is the same model as my original one?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi

Nothing I can think of would cause this, and optimisation is still showing as off.

Would you like to try a different model router to see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

@Ady-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Had a good run but unfortunately suffered the ethernet disconnection again on Monday, both SkyQ box and Samsung TV couldn't connect via ethernet so I had to switch off and on the TalkTalk hub to regain a connection.

Any other ideas? Any settings that can be changed on the hub?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's working better.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

@Karl-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

My ethernet connections have been fine since I disabled WiFi on the Sky Q box (and possibly combined with what @Karl-TalkTalk did with WiFi optimisation, whaterver that is?)

If I do get the problem again I will respond here, otherwise all good at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi

If you can continue to test with the TalkTalk Hub. I've disabled the wifi optimisation on your line for now to see if this will help.  See if things are more stable over the next couple of days.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi again @Debbie-TalkTalk.

I connected the replacement router, connected the Samsung Smart TV and Sky Q via ethernet again and both lost connection after a few days, same as what happened with the original router.

I went through Sky Q troubleshooting and it recommended that I disable 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi on the sky Q box, so I have done this and managed to reconnect my equipment via ethernet and will report back on the outcome.

I have managed to borrow an old BT Hub 6 router, will I be able to use this with my talktalk fibre just to trial so that I can eliminate either my equipment or the router.?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi tommy_l

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 15
A replacement router would be perfect (🤞), many thanks.

Message 11 of 15

Hi tommy_l

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15
The Sky Q and the samsung Smart TV suffers the same issue over wifi and ethernet connections!
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi tommy_l

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Do any other devices (laptops, phones) also experience this issue or is it only affecting Sky Q?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

With the hub light going orange that would suggest that the router & line are unstable, I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?