FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Centre - Incorrect measured speed

AnnaMBee
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

Hi, can I check if there are known issues with Service Centre and the accuracy of information?  I have an ongoing fault with my phone line and fibre broadband.  Openreach are investigating and are due to visit on Wednesday.   I have been checking our speed regularly for the past week.  We are not hitting anything above a download speed of 9 (lowest today 2.4) and virtually non existent upload.  For the past week, my Service Centre 'measured speed today' has been showing 15mb.   

I'd be interested to know if Service Centre is accurate for other customers or if there is a known issue?  Screenshots attached, TalkTalk and Ofcom speed checks. 

Please don't merge this with my other posts, as the fault is now in hand.  This is more about querying the accuracy and transparency of the information provided to customers.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks.  Just to clarify, I'm not referring to the speed test (I'm aware that TalkTalk's is powered by Ookla, so probably one and the same).  I'm specifically concerned about the Service Centre measured speed being incorrect on the dashboard.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

I use Ookla Speedtest, which is similar to Talktalk's and never normally get such a different result unless it is the current volatility of the connection. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes