FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status Fault

AnotherTracy
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

I was sent a replacement router by TalkTalk a few weeks ago to rectify wifi issues I was having. it did improve the wifi . I noticed a few days ago on my  service status dashboard that there was an exclamation point on 'speed to your router'. After fault finding I got this messageemail.png

I clicked the service centre link but there is no further information on how to troubleshoot this. 

The router is plugged into the master socked and I have turned it off for at least 30 minutes but nothing has changed.

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11
I am still having intermittent wifi connection problems. I will monitor and get back to you.

Thanks
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 11

Hi AnotherTracy

Line test is clear, there have been a few reconnections over the last few days but that may just have been you rebooting the router. Are you experiencing any issue with your service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

The error message from TalkTalk says the line is ok but there is a problem with my home set up? 

email.png

I have checked every cable - the router is plugged into the master socket, I turned the router  off for about 4 hours yesterday. I am at a loss to what the issue could be

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Can I just confirm, do you have any devices connected wired to see how the speeds compare and if this related to the wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11
Sorry I did not see this but thanks for replying hopefully OCE Michelle or one of the other CS can assist me further.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

It is a bit of a head scratcher. I checked all the cables to the router and this has improved monday.png

However there is still an exclamation mark showing on the service status 'speed to your router' and run a live test results are thishome checkup.png

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 11

Hi AnotherTracy,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi

Quick few questions.

Is that result from the 2 or 5Ghz wifi connection ?

I can also get readings like that when the broadband network is overloaded, even though it shows a good connection speed to your router.

Last question.  Have you split your 2 and 5Ghz wifi channels within the router. ?

Wifi channel overload can also cause issues as you report.

Any help you want then please ask.

Also what router type have you ?  SageMcom or DG8041W.  Details can be found on rear of router.

AnotherTracy
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 11

I just saw this too cb2e2d8a26bc6b429a1c540c2b65d5f6.png

0 Likes