FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service hasn't gone live

GBRbreakdown
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hi - My service was set to go live yesterday by midnight, and I had it confirmed a couple of times.

The internet is still not working & I have followed all the guidance (including turning the router off then on again, and checking that it's definitely plugged in).

Could you please urgently assist with this? I need to be online this morning.

Kind regards

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

I'm showing an engineer for tomorrow 2nd July, and our provisioning teams have picked this up as requested.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi

The update I gave earlier was taken from the Openreach Tracker, so direct from their systems.

Our order management team look after all provisioning issues and work directly (and speak) to Openreach so they will get the answer, direct from the horses mouth 🙂

As soon as I get an answer, I will post back here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GBRbreakdown
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 12

As an update: the call centre has confirmed all physical work has been completed. I don't understand why this information conflicts.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

I've raised this with our order management teams as they liaise with Openreach directly and will be able to give a definitive answer.

They will get back to us within 24hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

GBRbreakdown
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 12

I spoke to someone this morning who was booking another engineer in for this Friday. I have also spoken to another person who says it'll be 3-5 days till I might get an engineer, and the online advice is different too.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get 1 set answer which everyone at talktalk agrees on. Can you confirm an engineer is coming on Friday?

I don't understand why no-one has chosen to pass me information (not in a public forum) so I can plan my life around the various engineers etc. - I appreciate your help, but we shouldn't need to drag you into helping on this. 

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

Openreach passed this back internally within Openreach to have this rescheduled.  

Unfortunately, there is no way we can quicken the process, we have to work within Openreach constraints and their engineer availability.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

GBRbreakdown
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 12

Hi, 

Is there a reason they didn't fit a cable to make this work, or knock on my door to provide this information?

I need the internet working urgently, and no-one is making this work.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi

there has been a delay in installation. Openreach need to carry out further work to provide the service. Openreach noted that yesterday, they could not see the d-side cable (between property and the local connection point) actually connecting to anything. They did see a connection after this point back towards the exchange, so Openreach will schedule a second engineer to investigate why this section of line is not connecting.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

GBRbreakdown
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 12

Hi - is there a fault you can update me with?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi - just updated this, should be the current number now

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community. What does it show if you log into your My Account?

Thanks

0 Likes