FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking speeds

RussellD
Participant
Message 33 of 33

I’ve been with talk talk for 8 days and this is the second time I’ve had to get help not really a good start to my talk talk contract and already starting to have regrets.

I tried the live chat but it’s always busy. 

I am getting shocking connection speeds at the moment of 1.9mbs when I should be getting 30mbs plus. I’ve done all the usually troubleshooting etc but it has made no difference 

please help 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've been advised that this has been resolved on Friday afternoon. How has your connection/speed been since then?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33

Hi RussellD

Our Network Team have identified a potential issue and are working on resolving this now. I will post back again to confirm once it has been resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 33
Hi, I have seen this exact issue reported by multiple customers before where the speed during the day is fine, then at the same time every evening it plummets. It sounds like the cause of this is usually some sort of network contention in your local area. Michelle has passed this over to the Networks team, and in other cases I've seen they have been able to resolve this, so hopefully you may hear back from her soon with good news.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 33

You have to be limiting my connection it’s the only explanation to why it’s fine all day until it gets to 5-6pm and it drops for the rest of the evening until around midnight

0 Likes

Message 5 of 33

Soon as it gets to 6pm I get this. I’m now considering ending my contract as never had this issue until I switched to you. Not only am I getting angry about it my kids are too as it’s impossible to watch Netflix and play online games. There should be some sort of compensation for this 

4E3D9B61-6199-4DA8-BE12-C90E235130CD.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 33

Hello,

Our Network Team have identified a potential issue and are working on resolving this now. I will post back again to confirm once it has been resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

Hi,

Brilliant, thank you. I've escalated this over to our Network Team now for investigation and I will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Message 8 of 33

Unfortunately I can’t run any tests during the day, but I did run a quick test before I left the house this morning and as you can see it’s now off peak and the speeds are fine.

37CAC63F-119A-4716-8E9C-87371FA64482.png

Message 9 of 33

Morning,

As you've advised that it seems to be happening at peak times then we will need to ask our Network Team to take a look. Would it be possible to run a few more wired speed tests during the day so that our Network Team can see the difference in speeds and we can then escalate this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

RussellD
Participant
Message 10 of 33

Yes I did leave it 30 mins.

it seems to happen mostly at what I would call peak times from 5pm onwards almost like my connection is being limited 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 33
Did you leave over 30 minutes between switching routers, it is always best to leave at least 30 minutes to ensure the router connects to a brand new session in the street cabinet when you switch it on.

If you still get the same slow speeds with the Sky router, even after leaving at least 30 minutes before switching it on, then that may well eliminate the TalkTalk router as being the cause then, so trying a new TalkTalk router may well not help. Probably best to let the staff here look into this further tomorrow as if you are seeing the same issue on two different routers then that does make it sound more like a problem with the connection than the router.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

I plugged my sky hub back in and it was the same low speeds 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33
Interesting, that is the same model that I had the issue with, but as I say, a reboot did fix it for me, but then after a day or so the speed would drop again. So the problem I had does not sound exactly the same as yours, but still can't hurt to try a different router, the staff here will also send you a pre-paid returns bag, so you can decide which of the routers works best and you want to keep, and then return the other one.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

It’s a hauwei router dgb041W

0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Can you send me a router please so I can atleast try that latest speed check same for wired connection 

95E80D04-C011-49FC-BD81-B8C87D6F74C1.png

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33
What make / model of router are you using. I have had an issue with a TalkTalk router where the sync speed would stay fine but the throughput would randomly drop from 37mbps to under 5mbps (although in that case a reboot would get the speed back up), might be worth letting the staff here send you a replacement router to try if they can't see anything else wrong with your service. It won't cost you anything and would at least eliminate the router as being the cause,
0 Likes

Message 17 of 33
Beyond a joke now getting 0.9mbps this will teach me to go for a cheaper option
0 Likes

Message 18 of 33
Still slow
0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Hi,

Ok, does the speed then immediately increase again after the router reboot or is the speed still slow?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 33
It can drop at anytime both wired and wireless speeds are the same around 1.9mbps yes router has been reset and also turned off for 30 mins
0 Likes