FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant reduction in speed and intermittent connection

EmmaS21
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

In the last 3-4 weeks, I have noticed a signification reduction in the quality of my wifi strength and reliability of the connection. Taking part in video calls in now almost impossible - I am constantly losing connection and dropping out. I reported this issue last week and was told tests were carried out but no issues were found. This is simply not the case. Please see attached speed test carried out yesterday evening. As you can see the download speed is only 2.23, Jitter is 28ms and packet loss is 52% - all of which are extremely poor and easily explain why I am unable to take part in video calls. Please can you advise on how I can get some support in  resolving this reduction in my service? Thank you.Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Emma,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @EmmaS21,

Do you have any devices that you can connect to the router 'wired', if so do those devices perform better.

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed is this within that estimated range.

If you do have a 'wired' device you could run a speed test on then ideally you should get results that are fairly close to the 'sync speed'.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.