FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q / Fibre65 Connection dropping

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

I recently upgraded my existing TalkTalk contract & since I've been using Fibre65 the connection to my Sky Q Box has been intermittent - I have to reset the set up at the Sky Box on a daily basis. All other devices seem to be working fine but there was never a problem with Sky before the upgrade.

The TalkTalk router is a Black Hub - the same one I was using before the upgrade, and it sits where it always has- in the same room as the Sky Box but about 20 feet away from it.

I've seen similar posts reporting this problem but so far no resolution. Does anyone know how I can get back to what was a stable connection before the upgrade? Powering everything down & switching on again isn't a long-term solution & setting up the Sky Box shouldn't be a daily requirement. 

Appreciate any assistance. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi jmbriarhill,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 16

That would be perfect. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send the Huawei Wifi Hub instead to see how the connection compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 16

Morning. It's Sagecom - just checked it & def bronze behind the grill. Sagecom name on label at back.

Could that be the reason?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Morning,

Are you able to use the camera icon to upload a picture of the router? The Huawei Wifi Hub has a black background behind the grill and the Sagemcom router has a bronze background. Please do not post any personal information on the Community,

Thanks

0 Likes

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 16

Thanks for your response. I'm not at the house at the moment but I have  pictures of our router. This system won't let me send J.Peg files - is there a way of getting them to you?

I've not reset SkyQ this morning before I left so it'll still be off but I understand everything else is ok (we have security systems that use WiFi & I'd be advised if they were disconnected).

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Do you definitely have the Huawei Wifi Hub connected as this is not showing on our side. Does the router have a bronze background behind the front grill of the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 16

It's wireless. In the same room as the router but about 20 ft away from it. Other devices throughout the house work on WiFi without issue, although we do have a booster in a room that wouldn't otherwise get a signal - the internal walls are solid.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hello,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, is the sky box connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 16

Yhank you - that's done. I'm currently not at home & can't take calls but appreciate any assistance thru this system in the meantime. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Thank you. I'm not aware of any upgrade to the Sky Q Box & I'd assume it would need Internet access if it tried to do so automatically (?)

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

jmbriarhill
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 16

Yes please - the connection is  broken again this morning.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 16

Hello,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

The connection between your Sky Q box and router shouldn't be affected by any upgrade in your service. Perhaps the box has had a recent update?

I recall it being a pain at times when I had Sky Q, from memory I experimented with switching between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, but that was contingent on splitting the SSIDs, see here

0 Likes