FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q (main box) internet connection intermittent

t5pilot
Team Player
Message 37 of 37

I have SKY Q multiscreen; One main box & one mini box.

The mini box keeps disconnecting from the main box, despite having a constant & ok network & internet connection.

When checking the settings on the main Q box, the network status remains good, BUT connection to internet keeps changing from connected to not connected repeatedly.

This doesn't seem to happen all the time, but has been an issue for the last four evenings now, after about 8pm.

I obviously notice it then as that's when the sky boxes are being used.

The two boxes are cable-connected to my network.  The connected/not-connected to internet is on the main box only.  Mini box is fine.

I've tried wi-fi connection on the main box... Same result.

I'm stuck for any solution.

When the problems started (just a few days ago), I logged into my wi-fi hub to restart it.  I think its software has been updated very recently (version SG4K100136)?

I'm guessing it may be a software bug?

Anyway, suggestions please?  It's driving everyone in the house absolutely crazy.

Thanks.

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

t5pilot
Team Player
Message 2 of 37

At the moment everything looks good.  All assigned IP's are good & connection is stable.

With any luck I won't have any further issues.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Jonathan.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 37
0 Likes

Message 4 of 37

The pin reset worked, so I can now log in.  Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Hi,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

t5pilot
Team Player
Message 6 of 37

Well, switching off & back on didn’t work.  I’ll have to try the reset button.  I’ve just checked & I saved my configuration recently, so will hopefully be able to restore it & address any subsequent conflicts.  Fingers crossed…

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

Ok, let me know what happens.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

t5pilot
Team Player
Message 8 of 37

I'll try switching it off & back on again first...

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

But if I do that, won't I lose all my saved static addresses?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

Hi

Don't worry about the t on the end,  some firmware versions show this and some do not.

Try a pin reset of the router to factory reset it and then see if it will log in.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

Hi Karl,

It's showing version SG4K100136 [no "t" on the end].

But I can't log into it now.  It says "wrong login information"

I've checked & double-checked the password, which I never changed from the printed label on the back of the router...

0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

Hi

Firmware should now show as V136t.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

OK, thanks for confirming, I'll go ahead with the firmware.  Router may reboot in the next 5 minutes, don't power off the router.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Hi Karl,

No, I don't tend to use a VPN at home.  Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 37

Hi

Will do. Currently your on 129t, latest version is 136. Before I go ahead, do you use VPN at all to work from home etc.  V136 has an issue with some VPN, so 129 is best if you use this.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Thanks for the quick reply Karl.

In that case, can you initiate the update to the latest version please?  I'd like to check it again.

Many thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 37

Hi

Its not possible for us to send the firmware, we only have access to the server to initiate a firmware update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

Hi Debbie,

It's been good thank you.  Having checked all of my equipment again, I think the problem may have been with an IP conflict - I'm using a few gigabit ethernet switches throughout the house.

It's quite possible this was the issue, which, to be honest, I didn't check, having assumed it was maybe down to the router firmware update.

Is it possible for you to either send me the 2 firmware versions by email, or send me a link to obtain them?

That way I can experiment between the two, rather than ask for it to be done on here?

Just an idea if it's possible, as I'd like to try the new version again to see what happens now I've resolved the IP conflicts (I think).

Cheers,

Jonathan. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 37

Hi Jonathan

How are you getting on, how has the connection been?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

Morning,

Ok thank you and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes