FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband Speed (Fibre 65 + Line Rental)

Taff Strat
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

I've recently (1st November) changed to the Fibre 65 + Line Rental contract from my previous Superfast Fibre contract which regularly provided me with around 67-68Mbps download speeds. There has definitely been no activity/changes to equipment at the property since BT Openreach last resolved an external issue earlier this year... but I am aware of recent Openreach infrastructure problems (confirmed in local press and social media) and ongoing upgrade works to local fibre provision.

Since commencement of the new contract, despite following recommendations on allowing time for the new provision to stabilise itself, rebooting the router and trying to report the matter via TalkTalk Chat provision... the download speeds have continuously hovered between 28-38Mbps (the contract guaranteed speed is 49Mbps).

Rather than the frustration, yet again, of being treated like an idiot by TalkTalk Bots and Chat Operatives who ignore information provided because they have to follow scripted procedures, could I please request that a Community Agent pick this up on my behalf and arrange for Openreach to rectify the infrastructure from their end (from previous experience, usually at the local exchange or cabinet)? And YES, if the issue is proved to be caused by anything within my property itself... I'm happy to accept responsibility for BT charges!

Overall, despite a handful of issues in the time that I've been a TalkTalk customer (quite a few years), I'm actually pleased with the service received and competitive rates... so consequently, I would prefer to remain a valued customer and not make the decision to seek an alternative provider!

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Taff Strat

That's great 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Taff Strat
Team Player
Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie, just checked connection before replying... it's currently 74.2Mbps (download) and 18.8Mbps (upload), so very pleased with that!

Many thanks!

Message 3 of 10

Hi Taff Strat

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

The fault has now been closed. How's the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 10

Many thanks for your help and support Debbie, broadband speeds are currently back up to expected levels following Openreach intervention! People are quick enough to complain, so they should be equally quick to say "thank you" when things get resolved!!! Despite a few previous issues (usually at the BT/Openreach end), this is exactly why I've stayed loyal to TalkTalk for so long... so, once again, thanks for your assistance, it's greatly appreciated! 

Taff Strat
Team Player
Message 5 of 10

Okay, many thanks Debbie!... will wait to hear of progress.

Message 6 of 10

Hi Taff Strat

This fault appears to have been assigned to a line engineer this afternoon so we should hopefully receive further updates later today.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 10

Hi Taff Strat

Apologies again for this.

I will also continue to monitor this fault for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Taff Strat
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

Many thanks for your help Debbie... as always, it's very much appreciated! The Service Status had already detected an issue, but unfortunately nothing was being done, hence my request for assistance. Fingers crossed for a swift resolution.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Taff Strat

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential fault so I have escalated this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes