FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Connection After Engineer visit

aflynn
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi there,

I have been a loyal TalkTalk customer now for over 10 years and overall, I have been relatively happy with TalkTalk’s services.

Recently however, I have been rather unhappy with how TalkTalks has dealt with the connection speeds. Around a year ago, we had an outage that lasted for over a week, an Openreach engineer had to visit to fix the connection. After conversing with the engineer, he informed me that the DSLAMs failed in the Cabinet, and that several other properties experienced this issue. Once the engineer corrected the problem, he explained that the connection was much slower than it originally was (around 25mpbs down previously) and once he fixed the fault, the speeds were around 13mpbs at which it has remained at ever since. This may not be of much concern to the average household, however, I am a freelance Postproduction video editor, so I rely on fast download/upload speeds for work, especially when working with 4K footage. The stay fast speeds, which is 20mpbs and stated within the contract clearly has not been met. I did ring the technical department by phone some months ago, on a few occasions, and after explaining the issue, they still went through the seemingly gruelling and time wasting process of running line tests and checking master sockets, in the end I gave up. However, recently I have been rather infuriated at how the speeds have been setting me back, to which point, I have been visiting Libraries where a Gigabit connection is available. I am writing this thread to gain more clarity on this issue, clearly it’s a problem with the Openreach network that needs to be corrected, and if this issue continues, I will have no other option but to transfer over to BT, as they have recently finished installing an FTTP line. It would be nice if TalkTalk could also utilise this FTTP line by Openreach, however, that does not seem like it is going to happen any time soon. I am aware that this isn’t TalkTalk’s fault, and any other ISP I transfer to, taking up the same Fast Fibre contract will result in the same issue, simply as this is a problem with the Openreach infrastructure.

I was hoping someone on here would be able to shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi aflynn,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the connection looks stable. Could I just confirm, have you ever tested with a different router? If not then we can send a different router to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi, thanks for your response. I have updated my information.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Adam

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

To look into this situation,  staff will need to identify your account,  @aflynn.

Please complete your community forum profile details.  Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff will reply during business hours Monday-Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.