FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Connection

emu83
Team Player
Message 34 of 34

Hi, my connection has dropped down to a max of 8mb (download). Been like this for a couple of weeks. Tried multiple router resets of various lengths but no joy.

I have tried wired and wireless with the same results. Also, I dont have another router to try!

Can you check to see that it isnt a fault from your end please?

If not then I assume the router needs replaced(again). 

Thanks

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hi emu83,

I'm sorry but there's nothing that we can do to increase your speed from our end. If the speed was below the guaranteed minimum then we would have to arrange an engineer visit to your home to investigate (the engineer would also check the line)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

I don't need an engineer to my house. If the speed coming into the  house is 9mb then any fault is not at my end. I need you to increase my speed to what it was.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Hello,

I've re-run all the line tests now which are all clear. The connection looks very stable and the sync speed also looks very stable. I've re-read back through your topic and I can see that you've tested with 2 different routers at the non nte5 main socket. If all the tests are clear and the speed is within the range for the line then if we did arrange an engineer visit to the property and they didn't locate any faults and the speed is within this range then this would potentially be a chargeable visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

Your pm - Hi emu83,   Thanks for answering the security quesitons. The minimum guaranteed speed for your line is 6.5Mbps so your current speed is above the minimum. Unfortunately we can't arrange an engineer visit to investigate as this wouldn't been seen as a fault by BT Openreach Chris

The fastest speed I tested came out at 13.9mbps. I have proof here of at least 11.6mb when you tested my line last year (post 2) -

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Slower-than-guaranteed-speed/td-p/2533099

You wonder why I took so long to reply? Having to deal with This! and the fact you couldn't do anything because of Covid!  I'm barely even getting 9mb now so there is definitely an issue.

What happened to the fault you found the last time?

Why did my profile go down?

Why hasnt it been put back up?

Price up and Speed down, is that how it goes?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi emu83,

Thanks answering the security questions, I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hi emu83

Sorry for the delay.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34
0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

OK thanks. Could you run a few speed tests on the My Account speed checker, on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable. Please allow at least 10 minutes between tests

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Phone line is exactly the same as every time ive been asked including when I was getting 14mbps before christmas.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi emu83,

Line test is clear and sync speed is 9.2mbps. Are you currently experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

It's been a while since you posted last, I have re-escalated this for you. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

You ever going to bother to get my speed back up? That's more than 5 months now and you've also had the absolute audacity to increase my bills. 😠

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Hi emu83

Apologies, due to COVID restrictions/guidelines engineers are only attending appointments to the property for TLOS faults.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Wonderful 🙄

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Hi emu83

Thanks for your reply.

If the speed is not increasing with a different router then the next step would be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit, however due to the current situation around COVID and government guidance we can only arrange engineer visits for total loss of service faults at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

Hi emu83

I've checked the connection stats and the line is in sync at 9.2mb.

A possible landline fault has been detected (loop fault) and this fault is often caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

When I plugged in with the short cable to test I didn't connect the phone cable in properly so it was disconnected for almost a week without me noticing.  My speed stayed the same.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 34

OK thanks, are you able to test for a couple of days with the telephone disconnected or with a different telephone, just to rule out the telephone as being and potential source of interference 

Chris

Message 20 of 34

1 socket

micro filter - telephone and router is connected 

no test socket