FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Connection

emu83
Team Player
Message 34 of 34

Hi, my connection has dropped down to a max of 8mb (download). Been like this for a couple of weeks. Tried multiple router resets of various lengths but no joy.

I have tried wired and wireless with the same results. Also, I dont have another router to try!

Can you check to see that it isnt a fault from your end please?

If not then I assume the router needs replaced(again). 

Thanks

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hi emu83,

There has been no profile change since the 14th. 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Message 22 of 34

Ok, I have waited a week. Has my profile been changed? I'm still getting only around 8mb!

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

If the connection remains stable then DLM will usually move to a faster profile every couple of days so we would expect it to move to a faster profile again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

So why was my profile slower before apparently being changed to a slower profile?

Are you suggesting I just leave it and the speed will increase? How long do you suppose this will take? 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

DLM moves you to a slower profile if disconnections and/or errors fall outside acceptable limits. If the connection remains stable with a low error count DLM will move you to a faster profile

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

The disconnections are when I was resetting the router trying to get my speed up to normal.

And the reason I was doing this is because my speed had already dropped  for a couple weeks.

If current sync speed is 9.0Mbps and its changed to a faster one what happened to speed for the 2+ weeks before that? Why was my line profile at only 9mbps when I should be getting a lot faster?

Noise on the line - nominal. And no worse than the last time I had to complain about speeds.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Hi emu83,

The line management system (DLM) changes your line profile in response to the number of disconnections and/or errors on the line. We can't manually override DLM but it is moving in the right direction

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Message 28 of 34

Sorry, What??  9mb download?? Why was my connection reduced I was getting 14mb download speed a couple of weeks ago!!  

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Please sort this back to the faster speed, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Hi emu83,

Thanks for the update, your current sync speed is 9.0Mbps downstream and 1.0Mbps upstream. DLM changed your profile yesterday to a faster one.

Chris

Message 30 of 34

Hi, I have had the new router a couple of days now.  The download speed is just the same.

Upload speed is slightly faster than I had before (I assume its a better router).

I also plugged it in with a shorter cable to the phone socket and the speed is the same.

Can I ask what speed it shows coming into the house? 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Hi emu83

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 32 of 34

Yes the connection dropped. I was getting over 13mb download, now every speed test I run says 8mb or lower.

Yes I have switched  the router off multiple times to try and get my speed back as I mentioned in the first post.

Can you send a replacement router please.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 33 of 34

Hi emu83

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes