FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre 65 speed

NeilForde
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

I recently upgraded to Fibre 65 and the speeds were initally very good (download 67 Mbps, upload 18 Mbps). Measured several times on my laptop and mobile wifi connection. Pings are between 10 and 13 ms, which seem reasonable.

Your promise at the upgrade was:
"You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 61.9Mbps and 80.0Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 55.0Mbps."

Today the download speed is a pathetic 15 Mbps and upload 11 Mbps - even my previous 37 Mbps package was better.

What are you going to do to rectify this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Neil,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. How has the speed been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Hi @NeilForde glad that worked, https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile should get you to the correct tab you then need to drop the pull down to personal information. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi @Divsec

Thanks for the advice.

I rebooted my router (TalkTalk Hub) and full speed resumed. Good but strange as I had only rebooted it less than a week ago.

I couldn't find where to update my community profile but have updated my TalkTalk profile with my phone number.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @NeilForde two things you can do for yourself over the weekend whilst the team here enjoy their weekend.

have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things?

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes