FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Broadband

Derwig
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Hi there,

i’m seeing around 22Mbps or less on my line currently. It was running well until a couple of weeks ago when i noticed some Openreach technicians doing some work on the telegraph pole outside my house.

i’ve tried restating the router, connected a landline phone to check for noise (there is none), and i’ve tried a 3rd Party router (that didn’t help either), any ideas?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Derwig,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Derwig

Thanks for confirming your details

Please can you also provide your availability for an engineer visit, AM and PM?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

I've sent you a PM requesting some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Derwig
Participant
Message 4 of 9

Yes please go ahead and book an engineer.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

Tests are passing but we can see drops in the connection and DLM has reduced the speed as a result.

As you have tested with another router, the next option is to progress to an engineer. Would you like to do this now ?

With Christmas just over a day away, then the Bank Holidays, we are looking at next wednesday as the earliest an engineer can be arranged.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Derwig
Participant
Message 6 of 9

Hi there,

The router is plugged into the master socket so there is no phone cabling between the router and the connection. I restarted the router today after turning off for an hour, that made no difference.

i’ve run a line test which didn’t help and also renamed my wifi network back to the default name when the router restarted 😡. There are no devices nearby that could be causing interference.

The last time i had this issue you had to raise  a call with Openreach who fixed the problem without visiting my property.

60122089-2412-4523-B4EF-50EC4216BE14.png

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Derwig

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

I can see re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed. It also shows - Regular Interference Observed Daily

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted? Is the router located near to any devices that could cause any interference?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Derwig,

Have you noticed any issues with the router losing connection and having to reconnect, or is it staying connected ok, but just running slowly.

Is the 22mbps you are seeing the router sync speed, or a speed test result. If it is a speed test result it would be worth logging into your router to check your sync speed, if this is still up at the normal speeds you would expect then try switching your router off for over 30 minutes to force a new session in the street cabinet.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.