FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Once Again

aliomar
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

Speed has been horrible for almost 2 months;

I am supposed to be getting a consistent 65mbps download and around 20mbps upload, whenever I have a fault, the same thing happens "theres seems to be a problem with the line, were gonna send an engineer". The BT engineer comes and does his magic and boom the speed is backup to normal for 1 or 2 months and then the cycle goes again and again. Im tired of this. So once again can an OCE please check my line again for any issues.

Questions:

Is the phone still working?  yes, working perfectly

have I reset the router for 30 mins? yes multiple times to no avail

have i changed any equipment since the last engineer visit? no I have not

Have I tried using a test socket? I only have a master socket and will not open it in case i break it

Have i used a different router? Yes I have a spare hg633 which syncs at the same sub par speed.

Are you using wireless or wired to test the internet? All tests are done via ethernet directly to the ports on the router at a time when there is no network traffic

If an OCE reviewing this has anymore questions to ask then go ahead. I request an engineer to come as soon as possible to sort my line out once again. Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi aliomar

Thanks for your reply.

This socket does have a test socket, there should be 2 clips on either side of the master socket which allows you to remove the face plate.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi,

its this one

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi aliomar

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 41.3mb

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes