FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow, Inconsistent "Faster" Fibre...

Spiug
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help.

I've had a TalkTalk Wifi Hub for about a year now, and up until this point had no problems.

Over the last week or so I have been experiencing extremely poor , inconsistent speeds.

I have not added any new devices to the network and have made no changes, so this sudden change is rather bizarre.

I have been on the live chat 3 times this week for hours on end, and have completed the troubleshooting steps numerous times. I was then roped into purchasing a fibre speed boost, which as a result has lowered my broadband speed (which its receiving from the line) on the actual router,,

I am shown that I am getting 35 mb/s , but when speed testing ranges form 1mbs - 25 on a good day.

I am physically unable to use the internet, due to sudden drops of speed and high latency.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Spiug, have you had a replacement router recently?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Click on the big blue Start a topic button.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/bd-p/fibre

Message 3 of 11
I seem to be unable to start a new thread ...help !!!!
Anontalk
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 11

@Anontalk Please start your own topic and we will gladly help.

Anontalk
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 11
I have the same issues but with , the old Huawei faster broadband !!! I did upgrade to faster fibre ( 16 months ago )in order to stream and update my wifi hub but , as from today , still NO free upgrade as advertised and still waiting for it . I have spent 2h40 in live chat today to resolve both issues in vain as Talktalk are refusing to honour what I consider now as " false advertising " , I am left with a very poor temperamental Fibre debit !!!and an olde broadband box ....what else can I do ?? any ideas appreciated ...tc all
Anontalk
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

I have tested the speeds both wired and wireless, reset the sessions numerous times , and had an engineer out who says the line is absolutely fine.

Sometimes I reach speeds of 31, and 2 minutes later it’s down at 1-2 mbs struggling to even load pages such as this one.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 11

Hi Spiug,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take another look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent at the moment. Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless? Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then test the speed again please as this will reset the current session.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Also may I add the case that was opened has been closed and I am currently receiving very slow speeds with only 1 active device.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Engineer came this morning, the lines in where around 35 as expected,

Already since leaving i'm getting around 5-20mbs.

Not sure what to do now..

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi Spiug,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the fault has been raised to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes