FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds & Fault

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 16

Hi, just run a line check and says I have an issue with my broadband line, also logged into router and only getting 35mbps  not the full 40, also upload is 8 instead of 10, can someone please check my account?

Jason
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

No worries will come back here if more issues

Jason

Message 2 of 16

Hello,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 16

Ok just did another wireless test and got 36 down and 10 up so more like normal

Jason
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi, I have logged onto the router and see 40 down and 10 up but speeds are still slow, just did a test and getting 18 down and 8 up...poor speeds to be honest!

Jason
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Morning,

The line test is clear and the sync speed has increased. How have you found the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 16

Very strange it has happened, weve been on 40 down and 10 up for years, never had an issue before?!

Jason
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi JaceyBoy,

As Techman81 says, DLM is an automated process, we can't manually adjust the profile and only Openreach can reset DLM. If the connection remains stable with a low error count DLM should automatically move you back to a faster profile

Chris

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 16

Talktalk can't do that, only Openreach can reset DLM. I believe mine is also banded at 35.5mbps by DLM. I wonder if there's a fault with the routers?

Anyway, only way Openreach will reset is if you have a fault and they fix it. Otherwise DLM keeps a tight grip on your line and seldom reverts changes on its own.

You can tell if you've been banded as your SNRM will be either 9db/12db/15db instead of 6db.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Nothing has changed my end, its still connected to the normal Master socket 5C, can you change the profile back please?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

OK thanks. The line management system (DLM) has changed your profile, the new profile is limiting your connection speed to 35Mbps. Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 16

Ive been on the phone for the last 15 mins or so and no crackle, have you throttled my broadband connection in the area from 40 to 35?

Jason
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

OK thanks, if the telephone line is crackly we'll need to look into this first. Do you still hear that crackle with your telephone connected to the test socket and router disconnected?

Chris

0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 16

Hi Chris, 

I also have a fault number here REP-10827510

Jason
0 Likes

JaceyBoy
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 16

Hi Chris, 

Always had 40mbps down and 10 up, something has changed, I just reset the router and still showing the same, TalkTalk says line fault of some sort, telephone line is a little crackly

Jason
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi JaceyBoy,

Line test is passing but router is in sync at 35Mbps - Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes