FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband at peak times AGAIN, AGAIN!!

Redastra
Participant
Message 17 of 17

Hi everyone,

It’s me again, again, with exactly the same problem, slow (below 1mbps) at peak times, talk about deja vu! 
Seriously,  I am now at my wits end, this is becoming ridiculous now. I am seeing a definite pattern here. Every six weeks my broadband speed drops to around the 1 mbps mark at peak times, I.e. between 19.00 and 22.30 in the evening. Also when the weekend arrives it will be unusable from 14.00 to 22.30. As I say, there’s a distinct pattern been established now. This has been going on for nine months, talktalk resolve the issue after four or five days, through various engineers being sent out, it’s fine then until the six weeks is up then bang! It’s down again. I need to get out of this contract now, and go elsewhere for my broadband. I am getting really, really, really fed up to the back teeth with talktalk and their unreliable service. The problem I have is the issue is always resolved within their thirty day period, as I say, until the next time, then here we go again. Any ideas anybody? I’ve heard the music they play when your on hold with them so much, I’m getting nightmares about that bloody tune.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear that the speeds have improved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Redastra
Participant
Message 2 of 17

Morning,

From Friday evening everything has been fine,

no loss of speed at peak times, so all back as it should be,

As last time, thank you again for your help.

Over the weekend I spent some time on this forum, and I’ve become aware this problem is not unique to me, and from what I can gather, when I have this problem, so do others in my area, and it affects us all at the same time, and comes around every few months.
I am bound to ask, what’s going on there then? It is getting now that I can predict when the fault is due.  It’s very, very annoying.

Anyway, thank you again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Morning,

How has the speed/connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17
0 Likes

Redastra
Participant
Message 5 of 17

Hi,

Alright then, thanks Michelle, nice one.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi,

I'll also check back in with you first thing on Monday morning.

Thanks

Redastra
Participant
Message 7 of 17

Morning,

Thank you for the update, Hopefully, I am in a position to post positive information regarding my broadband speed issue later tonight, I really do hope so!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hello,

I've now received confirmation that the out of hours work was completed last night.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Morning,

I believe that changes were being made out of hours last night so you should hopefully see an improvement this evening. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

20.00 and now my download speed is 2.5 mbps.

0 Likes

Matz-
First Timer
Message 11 of 17

Do you live on my street? - Strange I google my issues and find myself here, with the exact same problem.

Matz-
0 Likes

Redastra
Participant
Message 12 of 17

Hello everybody,

Me again, well it’s now 19.22 and guess what? Here we go again, approaching peak evening time and my speed has started to drop, it is at present 14mbps download, funny thing is, the the upload never alters, always sits at around 10 mbps. As the evening advances, so my broadband retreats. Until around 22.30ish. When it starts to slowly return to normal. Strange thing, there’s a chap near me, ( the only other person I know in the vicinity on Talktalk) he is having the exact same issue, and posting on here about it?? Happened to him on the previous occasion it happened to me, 13th September. So it’s an area issue then is it Talktalk?? I thought Talktalk were playing some sort of psychological experiment with me, to see how much I can be dumped on before I run up a white flag, and go for the early cancellation fee. £90. Na, no chance Talktalk. Sort this problem out!!!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi,

Apologies. I will raise this to the team as soon as I receive confirmation that this has been resolved. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Redastra
Participant
Message 14 of 17

Morning,

Thank you for doing that, I would appreciate it if you could also explain to them this is an ongoing issue, I’m sure if Talktalk examine my communication history this will be evident. I really am at my wits end Michelle. It wasn’t long ago you were dealing with this for me previously. Please, please can you get it sorted out for me this time, or let me leave my contract without the £90 penalty Talktalk want for cancelling. Do the right thing please.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hello,

I've now received an update that the issue has been identified and our team are working on resolving this now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this now to our Network Engineer and I will post back as soon as I receive an update on this.

Thanks

0 Likes